R.I.P, sad day

FastRegalWE2

Wish I had another Buick!
After 3 and a half years, 3 ngines and 3 transmissions, countless amounts of sweat and blood and waaaaaaaaay too much money. I decided to part with my GN. I was in the trunk getting ready to add some mini tubs and a notch job when I found more rust. I said to hell with this car and my daughter and I started taking parts off. Sucks, I've been avoiding this for a couple years now but time to do it. What really sucks is I have new XFI on its way. Oh well. Oh yeah, and another kid.

IMG_1303.jpg

IMG_1297.jpg

IMG_1295.jpg

Im going to buy a Sawzall tomorrow and make little pieces out of it :tongue:

Rust on the floors was not a good reason to strip it. Mine was like that too and ive had lots of fun over the years with it. Fix the rust , at least you know the car and know the job was done right. Just my .02...good luck.:wink:

I think you guys missed the rusted frame too. It taint going back together :biggrin: Yes I am parting the body out as well. Good fenders, quarters are good but not the inner fenderwells. 1 goo clean door, 1 rusted along the bottom, not the original doors. Thoes were junk.

car

After 3 and a half years, 3 ngines and 3 transmissions, countless amounts of sweat and blood and waaaaaaaaay too much money. I decided to part with my GN. I was in the trunk getting ready to add some mini tubs and a notch job when I found more rust. I said to hell with this car and my daughter and I started taking parts off. Sucks, I've been avoiding this for a couple years now but time to do it. What really sucks is I have new XFI on its way. Oh well. Oh yeah, and another kid.

:

I was going through this with mine. Had a ninjadeath drivetrain in a rusty ole wheel barrow. Started entertaining thoughts of getting out of it all together and thanks to a friend on this board (TOMMYNOS) I was able to pick up a nice rust free roller. He got me in touch with a friend for a real fair price and just today stripped the old car for what I needed to go in the new one. Now I have a rust free car. Been a year that I have pondered this. Patience paid off. Well it is in the process of paying off. Still got alot of work to do. Cars are dinosaurs and at this point they are not getting any newer so that is part of the game. Take a break for awhile and maybe find you something to do a swap over in. Good luck.

Rusted frame... how bad is the rusted frame... I mean is it surface rust or have the body mounts fallen thru the frame? Ive seen it all, and just dont see the frame looking that bad from the pics. Sure they are far away but the whole car in total doesnt look bad.

yes, bosy mounts falling through, 1 through frame, 2 of the rears spun up in th ebody. Rust through the floor pan, in the rockers, door jams, really everywhere. I will post up some pics of all it tomorrow. Its really not in as good as shape as you think. As far as the body goes. Im going to hold on to my go fast stuff for the time being. Id like to find a clean roller, hard top car.

Well, if you're up to give anything away, or things for sale. Give me a holla if anything is for free.....:D

Either way, good luck with the strip!

-Adam

One of these years/days people would love the opportunity to restore that.

I am prob goin to put the rest of my rusty parts cars on Ebay .. hopefully I can find someone like you to buy it :eek: :biggrin: by the time you play with rust it's easier to junk it and get a rust free car ... rust cars are the biggest $$$$ pits :rolleyes:

My 87 T the complete drivers side inner and outer rocker, body mount brace by the fuel filter on both sides, the lower quarters between the doors and rear wheels on both sides and the drivers side rear lower quarter are rusty. Rest of the car is solid so I plan on fixing.

Don't let a little rust bother you. The floors and frame are good in mine as was the rest of the body. It was the fire wall that had all the rust.:eek: Look what I ran into when I started to paint mine.

P1030004.jpg

P1030013.jpg

well I am old and I value my time more than others :p rust has to be gone or it will come back again .. $$$$ that will be in the car you will never get back !!! wellll ..maybe in 40 years :eek: :p

All in all it doesn't really look that bad. Scrape/sand/grind some of the rust spots down, vacume up and treat it. In certain areas it looks like you may need to cut out and patch it up.

Think of it this way - This could be a good project, besides don't ya have a new addition to the family on the way.....This project could be a good stress reliever, when you just need to get out of the house for an hour here and there:wink: :smile:

Really though, these cars are getting harder to find are going up in value. If you junk yours, mine will be worth just that much more a few more years down the road. Just think about all the rusted out 69 Camaros, Chevells, novas ect.....Look what their bringing now!

It your decision, just a little food for thought:smile: