Quicksilver Shifter installation with pics

aod is for ford
kit should have the shift bracket that works for GM three and fourspeed

Thanks a lot this is my first car 1984 buick t type found in a guys yard my dad bought it for me slowing bringing it back to life the info will be greatly appreciated!

Everything you need is in the kit. We also make a replacement gear indicator for the stock console. Not totally accurate but better than the stock indicator, more of a cosmetic thing.

gears 002.jpg

http://buickgn.com/consolegearindicator.htm

the quicksilver is a reverse lockout legal shifter
its a ratchet, from park when you pull up and then back you can get reverse and neutral . then it drops down into the lower drive gate
once there if you push forward its neutral and wont go any further , if you pull back it only moves one gear per pull and only through drive gears ,
once in drive gears the only way to get to reverse is you have to put it in OD (D on th400 or 1st on reverse pattern th400) and pull the handle up and out of the drive gate and then forward past neutral
on a th400 with reverse manual valve body and with transbrake you have to put it in neutral and engage tbrake solenoid to get reverse

you can also install switches on the shifter (supplied) to keep the reverse lamps and neutral start or easier just keep the lockout linkage hooked up at the trans to column

you're retaining the TH2004R? did you do have to do anything for the ECM? is that wired to the shift quadrant?

Yes, using my 200-4R still. No ECM mods needed. Just make the column mechanism work like Mark did in his write up. That's the where the P/N switch resides, along with the reverse lights too. The other transmission gear sensors (pressure sensors) are in the transmission on the valve body. Not affected by the shifter.

is there a vendor that offers a complete kit ? the shifter, plate, any adapters and such? like already welded bracket on the trans?