QUICK---When Adjusting TPS

Black1986Beast

No!! It's NOT A Monte!!!
Hey, my bro and I are trying to adjust the TPS on his car with the Scanmaster 2.1
Well we got the Idle count at .44 but when we raise the WOT count to between 4.55 and 4.85 volts...the Idle volts raise also..how do you get them to stay in balance? Is there a special way?
Thanks alot

Loosen up both of the screws on the tps sensor.....push the tps as far forward (toward the radiator) as you can and tighten the screws.

Then loosen the top screw just enough so that you can still rotate the tps and set you idle voltage to around .42....the voltage will go up about 0.2 volts when the car is running so don't set it too high with the engine off.

Have your brother push down hard on the accelerator (floor mat removed) and check your WOT reading....

Hope this helps,
John

OK, but if the WOT reading is lower than it should be..when I raise it to what it should be, how do I prevent the Idle voltage from raising??

Anything above 3,75 volts is fine at wot...we normally set it to the max but the chip gives the same PE trim at anything above 75% of the reference voltage which is 5.0 volts..go look at the chip dump on www.gnttype.org and see for yourself.

Go find something else to worry about. :)

Like Steve said....there is no "magic" number on the WOT setting. If you go too high you will get a code....I think at 4.8 volts??? can't remember.

I would want over 4.4 volts at WOT just to keep some of the resolution on the tps movement, but it probably wouldn't matter anyway.

Be sure to go through the whole tps range slowly and check for "dead" spots in the tps.

Good Luck,
John