quick & easy question about GNX wheels..

Romulus

I've searched this forum, google, yahoo, other buick forums, ebay, etc.. for either real or remakes of GNX wheels. My question is, is there any company that sells them, or is it luck of the draw finding a used set for sale online?

I need another set of wheels for my 86 t-type and the black GNX wheels would look amazing, but if they're not readily available I'll get another kind.

Thanks - Josh:D

Right now it doesn't appear the GNX type wheels are available. Classic Industries had been selling these wheels which are basically black TA mesh style wheels. I talked to Classic about a month ago. The wheels are backordered and from the sound of it they don't appear to be coming in anytime soon. :(

i may be getting a friend to make repro GNX wheels, right now we are working on the Stock GN wheels to see if its going to be a worth while thing or is people are going to not to want to pay so much. if we do this we will be making them out of cast aluminum or billet... which ever would float your boat.

i have to get my hands on a GNX wheel before i can copy it though, so if i can i will let you know how much they are going to cost. like i said, i am going to know monday how much it is going to cost to repro the Stock 86/87 GN wheel in cast aluminum, it can be made in any size you can dream of and should only weigh in the ball park of 4lbs

like i said, if the cost is low enough then i will presue making the GNX wheels, but if it costs to much to be make the GN wheel, then i wont bother with the GNX wheel.

-Neil

How do you identify a true 'GNX' wheel? How do you tell it apart from a GTA wheel?

They look pretty much the same but real GNX wheels have a different offset then the Pontiac GTA wheels.Also there is a part # stamped on the inside of my GTA wheels.So I would say real GNX wheels have a differnt part # stamped on the inside.And cost,I've seen a set used GNX wheels,not in the greatest shape sell for $1500 on Ebay. :eek: