Quick Backspacing Question

King Monza

a.k.a. Mr. Clark
So I found a good deal on some local Draglites. The sizing is 15x10 with a 4.5 back spacing. I want to run a 275/60 but would be happy with a 255/60. Is this size going to work without any rub or fender rolling?

I think you'll be OK on the backspace. My 17" rims have a 4.5 backspace, but you may have some problem with wheel lip. 60s may be narrow enough to avoid contact, but to be safe, you could get some of those nylon type door edge guards, about 4" long and an inch wide, and put a couple of them on your inner fender lip. This way, you won't cut your tire sidewall in the event of occasional contact. However, if your car sits low, they might not fit at all.

So I found a good deal on some local Draglites. The sizing is 15x10 with a 4.5 back spacing. I want to run a 275/60 but would be happy with a 255/60. Is this size going to work without any rub or fender rolling?
I have some 15"x10" wheels with a rear spacing of 4.5" with some 275-60-15 tires and if fits just right, BUT you might have to roll the fender lips. Other than that, you shouldn't have any problem...As for the 255-60's, I don't know as I've never tried them.

Claude. :)

the 10's stick out too much and the fender will have to be rolled...get some 10's with 5.5 spacing and get em chopped to 9" leaving bs of 4.5. that's what i did, perfect for the car.