Questions on 12" Brake Upgrade

clemsgn

Was it determined that the B-body spindles lower the car 1" or so ?? I was hoping they don't, so I don't bottom out...deep trans pan :eek: :eek:
Also has anyone found out if the UB Machine arms hit the frame with wheels up launch, or do the shocks bottom out first ?

Still gathering parts..trying to be informed

Thanks

I forgot

Some say you have to use the B-body master cylinder also...but will it work OK with the stock powermaster ? Is the B-body caliper large enough to require a bigger piston in the master cylinder ?

I've read all the posts I could on the site about the swap, but figured I'd ask to be sure.

Thanks again

Hi Clem, according to Global West's web site the powermaster is okay but a gbody vacuum mc needs to be changed for a bbody vaccum mc. Only one local guy has done this so far, and his powermaster works just fine.

Hi Carl

Thanks Carl.
I thought I saw a post of yours somewhere in my search for the brake upgrade...Did you make the change to 12" ?? If so, how'd it go ? If not, are you planning to ?

Thanks

i dont know from experiance but when i talked to ub machine they said the arms will hit on a wheels up launch but normal driveing theres no problems. from what i understand the spindles wont lower the car, when i installeed mine i installed it with lowering springs and the front and rear look even. I cant stress how much better this brake uppgrade made my cars brakes i drive my brother-in-laws 86 and compared to my 87 i wonder how i ever drove without them .. stock 87 powermaster umm thats it.

Thanks eddiedellz

It really shouldn't matter if tubular A-arms hit the frame on a wheels up launch. The stock arms hit it with a rubber bushing anyway. You could fab a bushing for the tubular arms also to minimize the impact. Comments ? ?

Thanks

i was thinking that to fab somethign up would be nice i dont expect any wheels up launches anytime soon but still worth looking into im verry satisfied with the arms good deal alltough im thinking about ordering another set but shorter to minimise the amount of shims i used.

I got the 12 inch discs and the B body spindles didn't lower my GN any.
Tarey D.

I have the Hotchkis arms and they do not hit the fame full extended on a jack. powermaster works great !!! pee on the naysayers caprice wagon spindals 1LE rotors 9c1 pads/calipers
s-10 wheel cylinders and soft shoes in the back this thing stops QUICK !!!
no change in height I measured twice. it does whoever move your front wheels out just over 1/4 inch not an issue unless you have crazy wide wheels and tires:)

gn4u2c

would you be kind enough to send me an email, detailed if you can. i have my car up in the air now just installed some eibach springs and some bilestein shocks all the way around and would love to do the front disk converison since its up and not running now

what years spindles any part numbers?
same for the rotors and calipers

if you can help me i greatly thank you in advance

thank you
slawek
boosted1@yahoo.com