questions about tranny rebuild

84wh1

pimp romeo
I will be getting my tranny rebuilt soon, and I was wondering what I should do to improve the tranny. I was thinking about getting a poston shift kit, tranny cooler(form poston) and maybe a 2800 stall. What do you guys think?

Whats the best way to go? I f I dont get a 2800 stall, should I still get a stiock unit for the rebuild?

Any advice would be great.

Try a post in the tranny section. There are a couple of vendors that prowl there that give amazing information for free. Great guys with great info at no cost. Its a hell of a deal.

Do a tranny cooler. I found a used one on this site and there not that much new. It will give you a lot of extra miles. Since you have the tranny out, I would do a stall. I bought a 2800 from one of the venders. I have a guy locally now that will redo the one on the car. Lee Thompson also gave me a name of a guy that can rework yours. A shift kit is great. I got a Level 10 and had my tranny man install it when he did the tranny. It was recommended by the local car club member with a 10 sec. car. Sometimes it might be better to go with a kit that the guy rebuilding the tranny is familiar with.
Good luck.