Questions about block and engine build

Dreamcar86

I have more questions than answers when it comes to 4.1 blocks. First is there a difference between a 4.1 production block and a stage II block or is it one in the same? What heads and front cover will fit a 4.1 block?
I am in need of a new block and just trying to figure out if this is the time to add some cubic inches or is this going to blow me out of the water financially. If this is too much trouble I will simply stick with the 109 block and build a stroker.

Thanks in advance for whoever wants to step up and help with this one.

If you have to mention cost then STAGE II is out of your price range.

Yes there is a differnce between a stage II and production 4.1

Personally I would stick with the 109 setup, depending on how fast you are wanting to go.

There are stroker kits for the 109 now if you need one but if you want a good reliable down to high 10, a stock 109, rods, crank and even SPS rod hardware is very hard to beat for the price and reliability.

Hope this helps.

If you have to mention cost then STAGE II is out of your price range.

Yes there is a differnce between a stage II and production 4.1

Personally I would stick with the 109 setup, depending on how fast you are wanting to go.

There are stroker kits for the 109 now if you need one but if you want a good reliable down to high 10, a stock 109, rods, crank and even SPS rod hardware is very hard to beat for the price and reliability.

Hope this helps.

Well I guess you see where I was going with this one. Just looking for something more "bullet proof" if that even exists.
Not real crazy about a stage II just like the idea of more cubic inches to build more power with less boost.

BTW - Thank you for the input!