Question

DKNIS85

Cali Generalz C.C Founder
Will a crankshaft position sensor that is not adjusted right prevent the car from starting or will it jus idle and run wrong?:confused:

YUP. See my other thread in this section."Car died and no restart!!"

I put in a new sensor but how would you know if its not adjusted right or if its something else cause i had the same symptoms yours did it jus died and didnt restart.

Crankshaft Sensor

The crankshaft sensor is vital to engine operation. Without it you won't obtain the proper timed spark from your CCCI and the properly timed injection. It won't start and won't run.

The crankshaft sensor is vital to engine operation. Without it you won't obtain the proper timed spark from your CCCI and the properly timed injection. It won't start and won't run.

Is there a certain way to adjust the sensor or you just have to move it and try cranking after every adjustment?

Is there a certain way to adjust the sensor or you just have to move it and try cranking after every adjustment?

Well, you need to make sure the interrupter ring is going through the correct gap on the sensor, at about 0.030 clearance.
If the ring touches the sensor, it can ruin it. :eek: