Question

SFITurbo

The tranny in my car seems to hold the car back under "normal acceleration" when at normal operating temps. Still shifts firm and no slipping when cold or warm. Lock up working also. Has the feeling of brakes dragging. Fluid and filter changed with no problems noted. Stock BRF and converter. Should I start looking towards a rebuild?

Is the trans stock? Any mods? Does it drag during a shift? How many miles on it. What mods to the motor?

Bone stock with about 124k on the tranny as far as I know. Engine mods: 36lb injectors and alky. Firm shifts due to detent cable out one notch past standard setting. Car lights them up through first and second and barks 2nd under moderate throttle. Seems to act goofy under light accelleration only.

Explain goofy? Does it hunt gears? Does it feel like it's binding between shifts, especially between 2nd and 3rd?

Seems like the actual forward momentum of the car gets sluggish, steady throttle, similar to hitting water on the road. All shifts are firm all the way to t.c. lock up. Mash it and it flys. Only feel it at operating temp. All numbers are good from the computer and the car runs great other than my butt dyno sensing something that don't feel normal. Could I be over sensitive:confused: Wifes car does not have the same feeling.

Are you sure it's the trans and not the engine laying down a little bit at light throttle? What's your combo? What chip are you running?

All stock except chip(hypertec)/injectors, that have been in the car since 2001. BLM/INT/O2/ all good. EGT's around 750 at cruise. No stumble on throttle. Idle vac steady at 18# in neutral. F.P 40 with walbro 340 hotwired.