Question on stock top speed limiting

Dan Thompson

I think the top end of a stock GN is about 125 or so. I see guys going faster than this and was wondering if the limiting device is in the chip or the tranny.

How do owners keep the front end on the ground at high speeds?

I had heard some time ago that the front ends like to lift up because of the air buildup under the hood.

actually, I think it is the rear that gets light first.....cars that are drag raced to speeds up to 130-40 don't maintain that speed long enough to matter....if you wanna go that fast for a period of time, suspension changes would be needed or you would become a flying brick

I think it's in the chip. But who would want to go that fast in a GN anyway, other than for 1/4 mile? Flying bricks don't have very good aerodynamics.

Past 140 my TA starts floating some, but isn't that bad. I ran it all the way up to the speed limiter once (162) and it got fairly scary up there.. I've done the same in a vette and the vette is MUCH better. I've also done 140+ in an Acura NSX, and it felt like going 70. The only way you'd know you were going so fast is by watching the scenery zoom by and the tunnel-vision..