Question on mods-where from here?

Steves87

Again I am new to my GN. I want to keep the car not too heavily modified due to the condition and mileage of the car, but I do want to have a little fun.

At this point, I added a Big Mouth intake, a Joe Lubrant street chip, 160 thermo and a Walbro 340 fuel pump.

I ordered some gauges just so I can see what the car is doing; at this point a water temp, oil gauge. Plan on a knock and 30 lb boost as well.

What would be a logical thing to do from here without altering the car too much?

Thanks everyone.

You mentioned high mileage replace the timing chaing and valve springs first. Gut the cat and get a good exhaust system. Assuming you have a Adjustable fuel pressure regulator, get a scan tool and increase the boost.

No, not high mileage. I actually have low miles, only 26,000. I did not want to mod the car too much due the low miles.

What bwallace said. Definetly get a scanmaster and a boost gauge. Make your wastegate adjustable goto www.gnttype.org check in the tech articles for info on that. You can also buy an adj wastegate from most of the venders.

Thanks for the info guys. My buddy has a diagnostic kit, would I really need a ScanMaster if I have that available?

As long as you have a knock guage you can get by without the SM (but I would not be without it).
I like having my fuel pressure guage in sight.
The Duttweiler Neck on the IC and alky are the MODS to get you going.
If you don't want to run alky and you don't drive all that much, mix the xylene in.