Question on front bumper fillers

Sandman_GN85

Someone help me?
Alright I got cutoff yesterday and had to hit the breaks, with our lovely snowed roads my car as you can guess wwent slipping and sliding and hit a street sign. Nice amount of paint got scrapped off my front right bumper filler and instead of paying a high price to paint it, I was thinking of just replacing it. I was wondering how hard they are to change, and how they are attached to the body/frame? Thanks

Real easy..I think there are 3 or 4 screws that hold them on. Gm dealer carries these for $33 each side. Just bought a set for a friend.

If you do replace the fillers with the gm units, make sure whoever paints them knows what they are doing, if the paint is not mixed with a flex agent it will not stay painted for long. Also it helps if you remove the front bumper prior to installing. Otherwise when you twist the filler to clear the bumper lip good chance of damaging the fresh paint.

Well I see black ones for sale on ebay all the time so I figured I might be able to just replace it with a black one for now. Its got about 2 quarter sized or bigger paint spots peeled off from the sign, and now some is flaking off due to salt or what not, afraid to get it washed. Its also bent outward on the bottom side so i figured replacement, I going to go get a price on it soon though. I trust the place that will do it if they are still opened, they painted my whole car to a beautiful finish.