Question on D5 stall

RobR

formerly TTA 1387
Lately my stall has been creeping up the last couple of times at the track. I used to be able to stall to 24-2500. Now it seems that its up to 3000.

Is the converter on the way out? I do lock it when I run down the track so that might be killing it. I have a red stripe here that I could put in. Just wondering if I should pull it out before things go boom ;)

Thanks,

im no tranny guy 4-sure but i've had 2 d5 converters go bad and sounds like yours is on the way.

if you service the tranny and have no metal and dont hear any noise from the converter then id say its not hurting it but it will hurt performance since balooning a converter is the wrong way to make a stall...

i personally dont like any color striped converters. they just seem to act like a balooned converter slipping all the time unless in lockup of course.

i've got one of WE4's converters coming and once i get it i'll let ya know how i like it.
its the rebuilt d5 with welded fins and heavy duty lockup and he didnt say but im sure it has roller bearings in it inplace of the bushings.

i have tried a few converters that are 12 inchers and so far i like the stock one the best

dont know if id call it balooned the first one got to where it was stallimg over 3000 behind my hotair motor then the second one behind my i/c motor started stalling more and then started making a clicking sound about like a card in bike spokes when stalling up on it and was full of metal fragments when i pulled it

guess i just havent had much luck with them

after converter change no more noise and a couple fluid changes later no metal showing up in the pan.

LAST time i checked crank is still there...:D

im four hours away from home with it now so i hope it still there in the morning.. :eek:

tta1387 i have had converters go bad ! but the stall speed is reduced not raised ? i you leave under more boost the stall speed will go up! this may be the case on your car ? shawn