question on building boost at the line

TurboBuickSix

When I powerbrake the car it will only go to 1750 rpm's and it starts to break the tires free.It is still in Vac when this occurs and will not build boost.Now, is it the convertor or the brakes?It is also running pig rich on the bottom end.Am I wrong to think the RPM'S should be higher before the tires fry or do the brakes have to hold better in order to get the rpm.What I'm saying is even though the brakes arent holding it,should'nt it still rev higher than 1750 before they spin or no? The convertor is supposed to be a 2800rpm restalled stock type convertor.TIA

At this point I agree that it's prolly brakes or your not pushing hard enough. Stand on them till you face looks like this:mad:

now I'm getting somewhere..

Well I swapped out my old brake drums for some better ones(like new)that I had and adjusted the shoes tighter.I was using the old alum drums but in comparison to the irons they were shot.Anyways I am able to get 5 psi or so now and better rpm but, it is still pushing the tires pretty good.Since it still spins some does it make sense that I will be able to build more if I can lock the wheels still? Thanks

YEP!!
I can hold 15+ with mine and I have standard ol' brakes. I push the pedal until it hit's the "stop" then I push about another 1"-2" further. I can hold around 13psi with my street tires.

hth's
ks:)

Originally posted by KEVINS
YEP!!
I can hold 15+ with mine and I have standard ol' brakes. I push the pedal until it hit's the "stop" then I push about another 1"-2" further. I can hold around 13psi with my street tires.

hth's
ks:)

better make sure you got good brake hoses before attempting that...:D