Question about TTA heads

Scott89TTA

I'm thinking about picking up a spare set of heads for the future to get done and leave the stockers alone. I know that my new mods (see sig) will be even better with head work and upgraded cam so I am looking into these parts for when I'm ready. My question for now is what is the preference on head work...just a good P&P or will bigger valves be needed as well? I'll probably port the intake and port match myself but will more than likley send the heads to Champion. So are the stock valves sufficeint...not looking to go crazy with the car just get the flow more in line with the GT6776e and have some fun. I figure I shouild be in the low 11's when done...maybe high 10's on a good day.

Scott

It depends on your budget. Champions prices i believe include the larger valves...

I had steve kaminski do mine the last time and they were beautiful.

HTH!

Is thia the same block that the turbo TTAs use

GM 231 V-6 standard engine block. The casting number is 25526110

Is thia the same block that the turbo TTAs use

GM 231 V-6 standard engine block. The casting number is 25526110

I doubt it...pretty sure the TTA blocks have their own specific casting numbers. Now can it be used I don't know that either...if it is the same as the GN probably but one of the experts would have to verify that. I doesn't say Turbo block so it probably would need the oil drain hole at a minnimum but I do believe people have added this to blocks in the past and it wasn't a big deal for a shop to do. Again this is for one of the resident experts. At that price it is worth a look. You would then need TTA crank, rods, pistons and the 7515 heads to create a TTA clone motor. If you can get intouch with "skturbo" (Steve Kaminski) I'm sure he can answer all these questions. Steve has built a few clones in the past and he does use the same heads for sure not sure what he uses for blocks.

-Scott

I bought a set of the completed heads, so I will have those P&P they should work correct?

I bought a set of the completed heads, so I will have those P&P they should work correct?

I hope so :eek: I bought a set too ;)

Yeah they are good...several guys on the board are running them. The don't need to be P&P but if you plan on it in the future you might as well do it now while they are off and be done with it.

-Scott