Question about Intake

Polak420

Black Sunshine
Hello, I was wondering if spraying carb cleaner in the throttle body to clean the intake can cause the engine to bog up and backfire? The carb cleaner sat in the intake for about 2 days before the car was cranked.

Thanks for any helpful info,
Polak420

The car sounds like it wants to run but it keeps making loud backfire noise, and fumes come out my throttle body/ intercooler pipe area.

Wow this is the first post where nobody posted a reply. If anyone can answer my question it would really help. You see I had my timing chain replaced with a double roller. When everything was apart a mechinac sprayed a lot of carb cleaner in the throttle body because it was VERY dirty. About two days later the timing chain job was finished, but now the car doesen't run at all. The Cam is in the right position so I don't think the timing is off. However, I heard if you spray carb cleaner in the car and not start it for a few days it hardens and becomes soot that is impossoble to pass through the engine. I was hoping if someone can verify this info for me so I can know if it's the mechinac's fault my pride and joy isn't running. :(

Once agian thanks for any info,

Polak420

I'll bet the cam sensor wasn't adjusted properly. Doubt carb cleaner would cause an ongoing problem.

I would say it's the mechanics fault either way...

If he sprayed carb cleaner in and let it sit for a couple of days, and that mysteriously caused the problem (which I doubt) it would be his responsibility to fix it.

If he installed the timing chain and now it won't start/run right it's his responsibility to make it right...

My bet is that he didn't get the timing gears lined up correctly, or possibly a badly adjusted cam sensor, but I didn't think a badly adjusted cam sensor would make one run that bad...