Question about injection angle.

yellow95

Go Dawgs
I have a KB supercharged Mustang that I built a W/I kit for. I screwed the nozzle straight into the side of the intake tube (before the TB). My injection starts at 4 lbs of boost. My KB tops out at 11 lbs. My question is, Am I just coating the other side of the intake tube with water, by injecting straight into the tube? Should I install an elbow inside the tube, to point the nozzle at the TB?

Gary

You should point the nozzle towards the supercharger, so the incoming charge will help atomize the spray

My question is, Am I just coating the other side of the intake tube with water, by injecting straight into the tube? Should I install an elbow inside the tube, to point the nozzle at the TB?

You definitely dont want to point it toward the throttle body. There is some debate about whether its better to aim it slightly toward the SC, or directly perpindicular to the direction of the spray. You have to realize that at 4 psi and above, there's plenty of turbulence and vorticity in the air flow. The air is flowing so fast that theres no way you will be '...just coating the other side of the itake tube...' So long as youre spray is fine enough, it will be picked up and swept along toward the intake manifold .

Im running a 1 mm aquamist nozzle screwed in perpindicular into the supercharger discharge tube, triggered at 5 psi on a 11 psi max Vortech system. Yesterday, I recorded greater than a 50 degree F temperature drop at the Intake Air Temperature sensor. This proves that the spray is being dispersed properly.

Thanks guys. So you think that myMcmaster M3 nozzle srewed right in the side of the pipe will do the job? I know it atomizes well. The nozzle flows 1.90 gph at 40 lbs of pressure. I am injecting at 60lbs thru my pump.

Gary

I probably should have posted this earlier, but my supercharger is after the TB (KB whipplecharger). So I am spraying BEFORE the air is compressed. Does that change anything?

gary