question about codes on Service Indentification Sticker in the trunk from my stolen T

Oaktown

t-typeless for 5 yrs..ugh
my 87 regal t limited was stolen a few months ago. I am in the process of dealing with insurance and trying to prove what my car was and that it has value. Lucky I took a picture of my Service Identifications Sticker that I can actually make out. They called me this morning telling me they got all the papers I sent in (affidavit of theft, pictures, receipts, misc. info. and ads showing what they go for ). They were asking me if it had touring suspension. Like, they really wanted to know that in order to base how much my car was worth. and they were saying that was what the T stood for... I know a lot about these cars in comparison to the average person, but i need to know the facts. What does the T stand for? And what kind of suspension do they come with? I dont know why they were asking so much about that. I told them that the main thing about the car is it is a Regal TURBO T Limited, and is has t-tops and had a lot of options. But back to the Parts Identification Sticker. I can actually make out the codes in the picture. I went to gnttype.org and got the RPO 87 option list. But it seems I have a lot of codes on my Sticker that is not on the list they had. Also, my car had posi. and I am pretty damn sure it was stock in the car. But I dont see G80 on the list. Or maybe I just cant make it out. I am attaching it to this thread. I think it is in there but the 8 is a little worn out (top of the row, 6th row from the left). What do you guys think? Maybe someone out there can help me out trying to get a full list of codes or any input. My Turbo regal was a real cool car. It ran great for me the whole time i had it and was still all original and going strong. I need to get what the car was worth and show the insurance. Thanks for reading and any input!

Attachments

• codes.jpg
    codes.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 154
Good luck on your quest!

I had an 87 Turbo T-Type Limited. At the time, I had a sales brochure for the 87 regal. I recall that the "T-Type" was a suspension option (hence, V-8 T-Types do exist-if memory serves....the option included suspension, badges & steering wheel....). So, yes, you had the touring suspension, but I can't tell you the RPO number for a T-Type touring suspension. Someone with an 87 regal sales brochure could though.

HTH :)

lee

P.S. G-87 is a peg-leg differential....

Your insurer doesn't have the ability to decode GM RPOs? Unf'inbelievable! Maybe you ought to ask him what the hell his problem is? I'd think that the ability to decode GM RPOs would be pretty fundamental to the auto insurance business.

BTW, per the codes, you car DID NOT come with posi. Not all did, you know, and I don't find it unthinkable that a Limited wouldn't.

strike

Here are the RPOs from my '87 T (NOT a Limited). I hope they help:

AR9 SEAT, FRT BKT, EUROPEAN STYLE, PASS & DRIVER RECL
A01 WINDOW TINTED, ALL SHADED, W/S
A31 WINDOW, POWER OPERATED, SIDE
BS1 INSULATION, ACOUSTICAL PKG
B94 ORNAMENTATION, EXTR EMBLEM, BODY, VAR 1
CD4 WIPER SYSTEM, WINDSHIELD, PULSE
C49 DEFOGGER, RR WINDOW, ELECTRIC
C60 HVAC SYSTEM, AIR CONDITIONER FRT MAN CONTROLS
D35 MIRROR O/S, LH REM CONT, RH DIRECT CONT, COLOR
D55 CONSOLE, FRT COMPT, FLOOR
D7I GEAR, SPEEDOMETER DRIVEN; #25524925
E5Z ADAPTOR SPEEDO. DELETE
FE3 SUSPENSION SYSTEM, SPORT
FFL FLINT, MICHIGAN, BODY PLANT 1 (BOC)
GMD GMAD PLANTS (PLANT CODE)
GU6 AXLE REAR, 3.42 RATIO
G80 AXLE POSITRACTION, LIMITED SLIP
G87 RING GEAR, 8.50 INCH
J41 BRAKE SYSTEM, PWR, FRT DISC, RR DRUM, CAST IRON
J50 BRAKE SYSTEM, POWER
K05 HEATER ENG, BLOCK
K09 GENERATOR, 120 AMP
LC2 ENGINE, 3.8L V6 TURBO
MW9 TRANSMISSION, 4-SPD AUTO (THM200-4R)
MX0 MERCHANDISED TRANS, AUTO PROVISIONS, O/D
NA5 EMISSION SYSTEM, FEDERAL, TIER 0
NP5 STEERING WHEEL, LEATHER WRAPPED
NQ5 CAP, STEERING WHEEL HORN (DELUXE) (USED WITH T-TYPE WE-2)
N33 STEERING COLUMN, TILT TYPE
N89 WHEEL, TURBO (ALUMINUM)
PON PONTIAC
QYH STEEL-BELTED, RADIAL-PLY, WHITE LETTER TIRES (P215/65R15)
TT5 HEADLAMPS, HALOGEN, 2
T47 COMMERCIAL BODY, PROVISIONS, UNION CITY BODY
T63 ALARM, HEADLAMPS ON WARNING SYSTEM
UA1 BATTERY, HIGH CAPACITY, WET
UQ1 RADIO PROVISIONS, FOR STEREO
UW4 SPEAKER SYSTEM, 6, DUAL FRT DASH MTD, F/D, DUAL
UX1 RADIO, AM STEREO & FM STEREO, SEEK/SCAN, AUTO REV
U12 SPEEDOMETER, DUAL SCALE WITH KILO ODOMETER
U23 CLUSTER, INST, TRIP ODOM
U73 ANTENNA, FIXED, RADIO
VD6 BUMPER PROVISIONS, FRT, ALUMINUM
VD7 BUMPER PROVISIONS, RR, ALUMINUM
VK3 LICENSE PLATE, FRT MOUNTING PKG
V73 VEHICLE STATEMENT USA/CANADA
V97 VEHICLE PREPARATION, EXPORT
YT9 SPECIFIED, DIVISION INSTALLED (FISHER)
Y56 MERCHANDISED PKG, GRAN TOURING
Z31 IDENTIFICATION PRICE SHEET ADVANCE
Z49 EXPORT, CANADIAN MODIF MANDATORY BASE EQUIPMENT
11Q MOLDING COLOR, WHITE
11U EXTERIOR COLOR, PRIMARY WHITE
27B TRIM COMBINATION, CLOTH, DARK BLUE
27I INTERIOR TRIM, DARK BLUE
6YX SPRING, LH FRONT
7YW SPRING, RH FRONT
8PZ SPRING, LH REAR
9PZ SPRING, RH REAR

strike

PS - If you are still missing some ask again about the missing ones only - I'll try to help. Frankly, I wouldn't settle until all RPOs are documented.

Check GNTTYPE.org

http://gnttype.org/numbers/rpo.html

I went through this about a year ago with my GN. First they said it was "Just a regal". then it was a turbo T. Finally they came around to the GN side of things.

Send me a PM if you need help with anything.

Chris

Insurance companies suck. A few years ago my WE4T was hit in the l-rear quarter. All of the damage was luckily behind the wheel and out through the tail light and bumper. Not a hard fix for a body shop. No frame damage at all. I was coming down the highway and a guy in a 3/4 ton p/u pulled out of a drive-way and hit me so there was no question of fault plus the truck was being used commercially. I've had my T since Jan. of '88 and there had been no body damage to it prior to this. My bumper fillers were starting to crack and chip but otherwise a fairly nice original paint car. Estimate was about $3200. I tried to play it straight. I didn't even go to the doctor. The guy's insurance company was trying to total the car sight unseen and I had to try to get them to understand what my car was. When I told the adjuster that it had the all black bumpers he agreed to come see it. When he came he saw the T on the fender and immediately he was trying to discount the worth of my car saying that it was just a Regal. I knew he would argue that so I had all kinds of documentation as to the production numbers and what the WE4 package was. Current sale values, etc. It did no good. He still wanted to total it for a dented quarter panel. He wouldn't even price a full paint job in it. I knew it was not enough to threaten a lawsuit so I swallowed my pride and I ended up setteling for about $500 dollars less that the repair estimate and had to come out of my pocket to fix damage to my car that I didn't do :mad: . I did it to keep my car with a clean, non-salvage title. The bad thing is that I could have padded the bill and went to the doctor for pain and suffering and took 10 minutes with a hair dryer to pop the T emblem off of the fender (I promise he would not have had a clue) and I could have gotten more than enough to repair it plus. Good luck and play dirty. Nice guys finish last. :(

corsair231 said:
Insurance companies suck. A few years ago my WE4T was hit in the l-rear quarter. All of the damage was luckily behind the wheel and out through the tail light and bumper. Not a hard fix for a body shop. No frame damage at all. I was coming down the highway and a guy in a 3/4 ton p/u pulled out of a drive-way and hit me so there was no question of fault plus the truck was being used commercially. I've had my T since Jan. of '88 and there had been no body damage to it prior to this. My bumper fillers were starting to crack and chip but otherwise a fairly nice original paint car. Estimate was about $3200. I tried to play it straight. I didn't even go to the doctor. The guy's insurance company was trying to total the car sight unseen and I had to try to get them to understand what my car was. When I told the adjuster that it had the all black bumpers he agreed to come see it. When he came he saw the T on the fender and immediately he was trying to discount the worth of my car saying that it was just a Regal. I knew he would argue that so I had all kinds of documentation as to the production numbers and what the WE4 package was. Current sale values, etc. It did no good. He still wanted to total it for a dented quarter panel. He wouldn't even price a full paint job in it. I knew it was not enough to threaten a lawsuit so I swallowed my pride and I ended up setteling for about $500 dollars less that the repair estimate and had to come out of my pocket to fix damage to my car that I didn't do :mad: . I did it to keep my car with a clean, non-salvage title. The bad thing is that I could have padded the bill and went to the doctor for pain and suffering and took 10 minutes with a hair dryer to pop the T emblem off of the fender (I promise he would not have had a clue) and I could have gotten more than enough to repair it plus. Good luck and play dirty. Nice guys finish last. :(

I'll jump on the band wagon here about getting screwed by :mad: American Family Insurance :mad:

A Ford F-350 put a crease in my TR LTD T-Type while it was parked....AFI made lots of promises and strung me along for 6 months and got us nowhere. Extremely misleading, bullying, businessmen. I won't forfet, and will tell my story often as I have an audience. %&*%$@&(*^!!! I lost $3,000 and sold it with the damage unrepaired. &*^#@!_)(*&^%$!!! Low life's, how do they look people in the eye?

Apologies for hyjacking your thread :) Hope you turn out well on your case. If you get the run around, get a lawyer.

lee

hey thanks for all the replys guys! yeah, it sucks dealing with insurance, no matter how nice they are...loosing your car is never cool. I cant show them my car b/c it is gone and still hasnt been recovered. But my insurance is pretty good. I have USAA. They gave me 7800 for my regal t that was stolen in 2001 and I was more than happy with that. Hopefully they wont fall short on my limited, since it was better and had t tops. I dont know if it says G80 in the codes. I think it does but is just worn out and hard to read in the pic. I can tell you that it had Posi for sure! :biggrin: the little dent caused by my 2 12 inch subwoofer box in the quarter panel will prove that if they ever find it ha ha... when i first got it I had to test it out and see if it could do some dough nuts. it did it no problem and very nicely...but my box wasnt bolted down and it hit the inside of the left 1/4. i never did a dough nut in it again and i always felt bad about the dime sized dent... but its gone now so I guess I can just remember the good times...

The FE3 is the sport suspension, which was part of the "T" package in 1987, or the "T Type" in prior years. The LC2 is the turbo, and you could NOT get the LC2 without the FE3.

I'm not sure if it still there but I posted what I think is damn good reference on 84-87 TR RPO codes over in the library on t6p.com . I haven't been over there since Travis took over, otherwise I would post a link for you. Maybe someone can look :confused: and post the link here. Thanks