Quarter window replacement rubber

wafastr

Is the rubber still available for the quarter windows? I haven't found it yet and I am getting ready to repaint the 87 GN. Thanks for any info.

As far as I know the outside rubber molding is part of the window. You can't buy just the molding.

If the rubber is messed up, just find a complete window with good rubber. Shouldn't cost much used.

Its no longer available from GM, you'll have to find a used set of windows and hope they've got good rubber.;)

I'm in the same boat..... mine is at paint now..... looking for quarter window rubbers.....

After reading this thread.... I assume you can remove the window w/o destroying the molding......????

Blazer406 said:
I'm in the same boat..... mine is at paint now..... looking for quarter window rubbers.....

After reading this thread.... I assume you can remove the window w/o destroying the molding......????

Yes... Remove the interior trim and there are approx. 5 of those sheet-metal type nuts holding the window in place. Unbolt them and carefully push the window out from the inside. The window and frame/rubber all comes out in one shot. There is a black rubber-tar type sealant that holds the window and seals it, it is still gooey after 19 years :smile:

I just removed mine a couple weeks ago, now I will need to locate replacement sealant eventually :confused:

Pete