Quad Air Bad Experience

tyrod

I never expected to get abused by QA but it has happened. I am in the middle of tuning a friends car that must pass emissions test and that he wants to be reasonably quick of course. Long story short, the street chip that was in my car when I purchased it (RA93) was a little fat in my car at WOT (.830-.850) and is very fat in my friends (.910). His still has the stock exhaust and int. I call QA and speak with John about the price of getting the chip tweaked. I mail the chip, car desc, and check all in the same small box and mail it insured. I wait 7 days and call to find out what day the chip was possibly gonna get back. John tells me that he was wondering why Jane had place my check on his table with a question mark on it. He said he had lost the chip. He takes down the necessary info about the car I assumed to simply burn another one. I call back 3hrs. later to make sure everthing is back on track. John has forgotten about me again and has lost the latest info he had just gotten from me. I call back today and talk to Jane and ask about the status of my chip. She tells me that they have no record of me purchasing the chip from them. :confused: She then tells me I need to get the part number off of the blue top injectors and get back to her. My read is that they now dont believe I sent the chip to start with-that Im trying to get one for the price of a chip adjustment. John openly admitted that he had lost it and even blamed his age for his mishap. John's human and stuff happens. I have written them a so-long and keep the chip if you find it, letter. Never had this happen before. Just glad I didnt send my fuel pump and hanger with the chip to be double-pumped. :(

TurboArchie, I cant put into print the context of how the conversation went. Several days are involved going back and forth. Not counting the written description of the car involved, I gave it verbally 3 more times. On my final call is when she brought up that they had no record of me purchasing the chip. That is what made me see where this was going. I did not rush them or even express anger to them. I respect my elders. Dont get me wrong, Redd made TR's inexpensive to modify and pioneered the best programs out there. My purpose for this info of my experience is to inform members to let someone know other than John if you are going to send your parts up there. Just because it is the business THE MAN founded doesnt mean that if something like this happens the loyalty to their longtime friend wont come first. I never used the term "get fkd". I have respect for them I just wont deal with them anymore.

Red has personally taken care of my situation. I figured he would IF he was ever informed of it. As I stated, let someone besides John know before you send any parts up there. Red, Im sure, is to busy to cover every little detail that goes in their direction.