QA1's

Rears only on my car...for quick adjustments at the track. Fronts could be tough getting to the adjusters inside the coil springs.

Have seen some good, bad, ugly recently.
There's some comparo info over on LS1tech, AIRC.
I had them on the stage car..All 4 corners, singles. Ok, but 1 leaked, and I wasn't sure just how well they were matched. A trip to the shock dyno pretty much confirmed that, they were Ok, but not really close enuf for serious tuning. I was Ok w/ that, as the car was a streeter.
I guess for the $$ at the time, they were about all that was available.

Now, there's a new guy on the block, w/ a very nice product. Rumor has it, that the big wig there, came from QA1, and made sure the new product has the known bugs engineered out. We'll see.
Viking Performance has what I'm installing on my 86T.
Midwest Chassis boasts that they have the best prices.
http://vi-king.com/

Have seen some good, bad, ugly recently.
There's some comparo info over on LS1tech, AIRC.
I had them on the stage car..All 4 corners, singles. Ok, but 1 leaked, and I wasn't sure just how well they were matched. A trip to the shock dyno pretty much confirmed that, they were Ok, but not really close enuf for serious tuning. I was Ok w/ that, as the car was a streeter.
I guess for the $$ at the time, they were about all that was available.

Now, there's a new guy on the block, w/ a very nice product. Rumor has it, that the big wig there, came from QA1, and made sure the new product has the known bugs engineered out. We'll see.
Viking Performance has what I'm installing on my 86T.
Midwest Chassis boasts that they have the best prices.
http://vi-king.com/
I just put a set of their double adjustable shocks on the rear of my uncles car... They don't even come with mounting hardware and what they do give you doesn't fit anything on the car. You can't reuse the stock bolts. We had to go to Lowe's for the nuts, bolts and washers... I can't even tell you how well they work since we haven't had a chance to really play around with them. If you're going to charge that much for some shocks, why not include the right hardware???

Last edited:
I just put a set of their double adjustable shocks on the rear of my uncles car... They don't even come with mounting hardware and what they do give you doesn't fit anything on the car. You can't reuse the stick bolts. We had to go to Lowe's for the nuts, bolts and washers... I can't even tell you how well they work since we haven't had a chance to really play around with them. If you're going to charge that much for some shocks, why not include the right hardware???
QA's or Viking??
The Vikings have the wrong size bolts in the kit. I called them, and told them if they are selling a set for the TR's they need to put the correct size hardware in there.
I used a unibit, and punched the metric holes out to 5/16". {Ft and rear.}

QA's or Viking??
The Vikings have the wrong size bolts in the kit. I called them, and told them if they are selling a set for the TR's they need to put the correct size hardware in there.
I used a unibit, and punched the metric holes out to 5/16". {Ft and rear.}
The Vikings. You'd think that the people that sell them would know this and let the buyers know just so it doesn't come as a surprise when you go to install them... But on the other hand, maybe they wouldn't sell as many then I guess?

The Vikings. You'd think that the people that sell them would know this and let the buyers know just so it doesn't come as a surprise when you go to install them... But on the other hand, maybe they wouldn't sell as many then I guess?

Seems my time to call them, and explain the issue, fell on deaf ears..:rolleyes:
The guy that really pissed me off was at Quick Perf, when I tried to put the Vikings on his 9"...The mt angle is waay off. He said he would have to redesign the stamping.. I told him tuff shyt...
We ended up making an "adapter", and welding them on.(n)

I live here in MN where both Viking and QA1 are and have toured the QA1 facility and its no joke! And the parts are made in the US and assembled in the US. As for viking.....they have pallets of parts that come in from China and are final assembled here in the US...that was let down!!!

QA1 gets the nod for me between the two.

I now have QA1 single adjustables at all 4 corners...with them set at 3 at all 4 corners for crusing. Very pleased with them.

I now have QA1 single adjustables at all 4 corners...with them set at 3 at all 4 corners for crusing. Very pleased with them.
Is that the setting you use at the track too?

Sorry for the confusion here.....I meant QA1 Coil Overs not QA1 shocks.

Pro's & Con's of QA1 Front & Rear Coil Overs?
Will start a new thread.

thx

Dave

I recently put the QA1 R coil overs on the front of mine and so far so good. On a soft setting my car goes down the road much smoother. Only been to the track once with them and no issues as of yet.