pypes system

I just installed the Pypes system with racepro mufflers. They are a straight through design so almost no backpressure. Easy install and they sound great. I was sorry to take off the hooker system I had but after 10 years it was rusting from the inside

I like mine...a nice quiet system that seems to flow reasonably well. I have the "racepro" mufflers as well.

Ran the pypes 3 inch x pipe system w/ race pros behind a 600hp stroker bbc. Very mild at idle, real quiet cruise with next to zero resonance, and loud as h3ll at wot. One of the best sounding mufflers out there imo.

do the x pipe styly hinder performance?
I think a true "X-Pipe" should be installed in every dual exhaust system. I have a Dr. Gas x-pipe on my Malibu & people are constantly commenting on how good the car sounds. Won't help out with our single feed exhaust that we have coming off our turbo, but a true dual system will deffinately benefit in sound quality & performance. Just understand that a true X-Pipe is more than just a couple of elbows welded together. The inside opening or cross-over cut out must be shaped appropriately.

~JM~

blackburd, -JM
how is all this talk about x pipes or 3 1/2 race pro muffs on a BBC relevant to the op's question as to the install or sound on a 3.8 turbo car which has a single outlet downpipe from the engine??...

this is a turbo buick forum

blackburd, -JM
how is all this talk about x pipes or 3 1/2 race pro muffs on a BBC relevant to the op's question as to the install or sound on a 3.8 turbo car which has a single outlet downpipe from the engine??...

this is a turbo buick forum
Its not. Sorry for going off topic.

~JM~

from my iv herd in my 2 cents if 2,5 inch exhaust and easy perfect fitment you want pypes it the cats a s s but if you wanna go big gn 1 3 inch or rjc 3 inch are good from what iv herd rjc has less drone

Ive installed one before. Quality was okay, sound was decent as well. Installation was a bit time consuming. It's been a while but I seem to remember the tailpipes being in very close proximity to the rear coil springs. Also had to drill two holes in the frame to mount the tailpipes. And the hardware wasn't the greatest. All in all, for a exhaust kit that we got on short notice an hour before they closed (we went and picked it up), it wasn't too bad.