PW/PDL delete?

Weazel

This just in,alky is good
Okay, we all know the TRs in stock form have SLOW windows. And my power door locks do not work at all (no big deal to me, it IS a 2-door :D ) Anyway, I'd be up for removing all of that junk. I'd assume I can just take out the power lock actuators no problem. But for the windows, I'd probably wanna have some way to lower them. Has anybody replaced power windows with manual? Can it be done cleanly? How much weight might you save from the power window motors? The motor for my '73 Electra power window must've weighed 20 lbs, I'm HOPING these are somewhat less? What about the power door lock stuff? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks, I just have this obsession with lowering the weight of the car before adding more $$$$ in go fast goodies. Thanks again!

Sell your nice doors complete and go fiberglass.

I need a pair of doors too. ;)

Make that sell your nice doors cheap and go fiberglass.

Or buy some without the options and swap them.

Just a suggestion. :)

Power window motors only weigh a couple of pounds apiece, power lock actuators only weigh 1 pound apiece and the wiring is probally another 10 maybe 15 pounds at the most. To put manual windows in you just need the regulators and of course handles. This leaves you with abnormally large holes in the trim panels where the switches used to be. I think they figure 1 horsepower is equal to .01 seconds in the 1/4 and 1 pound equals 1 horse so what it comes down to is do you really think it worth the time and money.

Eric Fisher