Putting our money where our mouths are - Let's sponsor a unit in Iraq

We got several care packages while I was out with the Essex during the initial strike on iraq even though we were nowhere near there. Sorta felt crappy getting stuff from people whos intention was to get it to some ground pounders eating sand day in and day out.
Especially the letters and stuff.

Its kind of neat getting letters with just random stuff about people. Atleast I thought it was cool. I didnt like the stuff that was real vague and lame, I liked the personal stuff that they actually took some time to write.
Its neat to hear about the states when you are away, even if its a different part of the states completely from where you are from.

Other than that I liked getting candy, but then again when Im away for awhile I get this crazy sweet tooth

If you are one to send tobacco products i can tel you that Dip is another extremly hot item. I dont do it, but there are alot of country boys here that act like the stuff is on par with crack cocaine

Hey guys, I think this is an awesome idea. I just returned from a little base in Afghanistan (read ASSCRACKISTAN) called Bagram AB. When you do send this care package out, I would suggest that you use DHL for 2 reasons. They most times will ship for less when it is for a good cause, as well as they are the only commecial company that can fly directly into Afghanistan, and I believe into Iraq as well. Take care all and thank you for taking the time to care about our Sailors and Troops in the trenchs.

John