Push rod spinning?

jerrad

Guys, I installed another set of pushrods and on the driver side they all have a little resistance but still spin with my fingers. On the passenger side there are a couple that spin very freely and a couple that are pretty tight. If I start the car and the lifters pump up will this take up the slack in the pushrod or is that wrong?
Thanks for the help.

They are going to rotate no matter what. It's normal. It's promotion of even wear if you think about it.

I installed everything and fired it up. Car seems to run great but the passenger side sounds like a drum solo going off inside the valve cover. It's speeds up with rpm as usual. I've never had a roller set up, is this noise normal?

I installed everything and fired it up. Car seems to run great but the passenger side sounds like a drum solo going off inside the valve cover. It's speeds up with rpm as usual. I've never had a roller set up, is this noise normal?

well you never said that you had a roller setup!!!!! you may need to recheck because you may not have the correct length pushrods. you may need adjustable rockers.