Purchased a stolen 84 Grand National.

If the cops don't have it anymore either the insurance company picked it up which I doubt or they auctioned it and kept the cash. If it is still there and continues to sit there they will auction the car and keep every dime. Talk to a lawer who works that type of case or write it off.

If any marking is found to be from a car that was stolen, especially the partial frame stamping, it's pretty simple to understand why the cops would take it and insurance company get it (if they paid the claim on it). One hot part is surely enough of a reason and you can't really prove it wasn't stolen "as-is" with stuff converted/swapped over by the owner who had it stolen in the first place. If the OP is lucky the insurance company might sell it to him at a salvage price, depending on your states laws and who knows what else. Keep hounding the police for more info if you really want it back.

I have hit a brick wall with this stolen car thing . The cops don't help nor are they going to do anything. " guess its ok to steal and sell cars in south Fla.".. State farm Insurance will not work with me on at least give me first crack at buying the car from them. when I went to the police department I almost was arrested for lossing my cool when they gave me the run around. so yeah I am shit out of luck with the car and the $$$money. I thought about going over to the sellers house and confronting him, but I was talked out of it. (not worth the possible consequences).. I have contacted lawyers about this but was advised that it will be difficult to prove that the seller new it was stolen. This has been a very expensive lesson on what to look for when buying somthing used. Next time I will handle it different.. Thank you all on the forum for all the help and suggestions you gave me . Jetmech09@msn.com

your also in Miami ??? i saw your phone # where is this car at? too much of a coincidence to ignore. give me the guys # who sold it to you please i need to give someone a visit. pm me not on the thread please.
The car was stolen in Detriot, never titled in Fla.

We had a escalade come in with a bogus vin. After the state police were done with it there were 8 vin numbers found on the same truck. They took the truck and lucky enough the guy that sold it was still in the office waiting for a check. Busted.
What ever is bolted to the frame is considered part of it the cops told me untill they bring it back to their shop and take it apart and seperate the vin numbers into piles. How would you like that job. Do you know anyone from StateFarm? I cant believe they would not sell you the car for salvage. I think is has to go to a licenced salvager