Punkin chunkin contest

has anyone been to this?:

World Championship PunkinChunkin

My son and I are interested in seeing a pumpkin thrown over 4400 feet.:eek:

So, if you've been to the world punkin chunkin contest give me your thoughts

thanks

Yep I go every year Im only about 2 hours away... me and my friends have almost made it a tradition. We are currently talking about building a trebuchet and enter into the comp. with it. I bulit a couple during high school but never launched pumpkins with one :biggrin:

I watched dat on TV. Those are some crazy nasty setups those guys use to throw those punkins.

SEEN OR WATCH? i been in it for the engineering club at school. I love the large cannons. im wondering why no one has used propain or some NOS

i want to build a 40 footer with a rifeled barrel like a paintball gun and use gun oil for the barrel. i think the best way to go with the valve would be a regular heavy duty lever valve, spring loaded, with a electric solonoid release to give it that snap action full open. rear hatch loader like a howitzer. set up on a tripod. have a full motorized turret for full xyz positioning. load stabilizers and range finder for accuracy

:D

I ate so much punkin pie over the holidays that I about participated in one of those contests! :biggrin:

I can forsee a Darwin award if this event keeps on growin'.

Most likely in the spectator section. :eek: :p

I ate so much punkin pie over the holidays that I about participated in one of those contests! :biggrin:

how about a "chunkin' punkin"contest??

Attachments

• pumpkin.jpg
    pumpkin.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 37