Punked out a big block last night

BUICKTR

I was at the local hangout and there was a big block Malibu with a 600 cubic in motor with a giant roots blower and 2 (4 barrel) carbs and some huge slicks. He was there talking all his smack on how fast his car is on the street and no one wants to race. I had 1/2 tank of C16 fuel and about 24 lbs of boost on my TSM combo Buick. I have a set of Hoosier QPT on my car. I challenged him to race and he seemed surprise that someone actually confronted him. He thought that with all that noise and an engine that sticks out of the hood about 2 feet would be scary enough that no one would want to dare challenge him. There were all his buddies and about another 20 guys there just to hear him back down from the challenge. I was so pumped up that my heart my racing down my chest. I could not believe this guy would be afraid of my V6 turbo car. I guess he could smell the race fuel. :D :D It felt SO GOOD knowing the respect these Buick's get on the street.:) I know I would of spanked that car.;)

well, who knows what he did or didn't have under the hood.. er.. over the roof.. whatever... But if would have really had what he said he did you would have been in BIG trouble if he could hook up at all.

hmmm 600 ci and a blower with slicks in a car that was probably gutted to barely a street car, doesnt sound right as a matter of fact it smells..............funny

hmmmm 600 ci blower and slicks probably tubbed and gutted too be half of a car somrthing smells .........funny

I dunno, I have seen cars with 6-71 blowers and 2 carbs at the track run in the 14's.

This Malibu sounds means. It's not a bad looking car to bad the owner is such a prick. It does look strip and it even had a parachute on it.:rolleyes: (Street car):rolleyes: It did not matter to me how this car look like I just wanted to put him in his place. He would have to run 9's to beat me and even if he did it would have to hook on the street. :eek: To me this guy was ALL SHOW AND NO GO!!;)

That's cool.. all I'm saying is that if you ran up against a good running Blown 600" set up that hooks on the street you'd be in big trouble.. A guy over in the Corvette forum has a blown 632" in a C3 that runs 7.50s in the quarter. It has license plates on it...but is it really a street car... ? I guess this was my oly point.. Congrats on shutting him up!!!!! This guy was obviously more talk than action. Even if his ride was all that... he was too much of a punk to back it up...

I Dunno i remember seeing a nice duster with a Blown big block Mopar motor in it it was all polished and looked sick . The car went like Mid 11s which is cool but it definatly looked alot faster than mid 11s . Ive also seen a " Turbo " Magazine rice car with a removable glass nose and a CHUTE go mid 14s so you never know looks are deciving . If the Blower car wasnt running alot of boost on its set up its posib. it aint all that .