Pump valves, pic

turbodarryl

It appears I still have the original boost valves, I'm running a non lock up converter an my question is, Is my non lock valve missing a spring, I believe its a Art Carr valve, its been a VERY long time since installed.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Is that the Art Carr pressure regulator valve with the flats machined on the center protion of the valve?

paul

It been 10+ years since I been in this trans, I'm not sure about the pressure reg valve or spring, I was just going to replace that whole setup, I know the lockup valve is a Artt Carr, just couldn't remember if a spring went with it.

It appears I still have the original boost valves, I'm running a non lock up converter an my question is, Is my non lock valve missing a spring, I believe its a Art Carr valve, its been a VERY long time since installed.

There is no spring for a Non-Lock Valve. It is made by Transgo, not Art Carr.

What is the difference in springs compared to what I show in my post for the pressure regulator, color is different but number of coils looks the same?

paul

Thanks David, been too long, I couldn't remember, I'm not sure about the pressure regulator spring. I bought the trans already built and I installed the non lockup valve to go with my Art Carr converter, thats why I figured it was a Are Car valve, I never touched the regulator setup so I'm just going to change that whole setup cause I'm not sure if it stock or not, I do know the boost valve measures .471

Thanks David, been too long, I couldn't remember, I'm not sure about the pressure regulator spring. I bought the trans already built and I installed the non lockup valve to go with my Art Carr converter, thats why I figured it was a Are Car valve, I never touched the regulator setup so I'm just going to change that whole setup cause I'm not sure if it stock or not, I do know the boost valve measures .471
If you need a pressure kit, give me a call, I can set you up with the correct parts...