Pump Mounting Orientation.....

NO1B4ME

Razor....what is the correct pump orientation when mounting the pump ? pump head (hose & electrical connections) facing up or down,I have seen the pump mounted both ways and I guess it is based how the person interupts it from the install instructions.... Or does it really doesn't matter.
My opinion the connection end of the pump should face upwards to mininize road/water grime.... Is this correct....what are your thoughts....

Thanks

Well with his new pump you want it upside down ( Guessing your mounting it behind the headlight bucket ) so you can get to the alan adjustment on the top of it. Plus all the lines seem to have the most slack and flow better that way. You can go HERE to see how I did mine. I actually enjoyed installing Razor's kit. Went smooth and everything you could need was there! :cool:

I don't think it matters... on the Buick I went to the bumper support and the TTA one is laying flat under the battery tray

Water gets in the motor end if the head is facing down from condensation, puddles, rain...etc... But then a failure in the diaphram or seals (if mounted head up) would leak into the armature.

PS: I'm assuming you didn't just want Razor's exclusive answer since you didn't PM him... if that was the intent, sorry.

Phil

Both true but I don't know if you guys have used his new pump. There is a allen adjustment on it now. Not sure if you could get to it from the top if mounted behind the headlight bucket. Maybe on the bumper support but if it was right side up you could get to it but won't be able to see what your doing. If you look in this pic you'll see the little allen adustment on the end of the pump now.. LINK HERE But if you want to tinker you'll want easy access to that allen adjustment! Like anything else there is a million ways to skin a cat. It's all personal prefrence I guess. All I know is I love my Alky! :biggrin:

phillyturbosix said:
Both true but I don't know if you guys have used his new pump. There is a allen adjustment on it now. Not sure if you could get to it from the top if mounted behind the headlight bucket. Maybe on the bumper support but if it was right side up you could get to it but won't be able to see what your doing. If you look in this pic you'll see the little allen adustment on the end of the pump now.. LINK HERE But if you want to tinker you'll want easy access to that allen adjustment! Like anything else there is a million ways to skin a cat. It's all personal prefrence I guess. All I know is I love my Alky! :biggrin:

I don´t have the allen adjustment on my pump :confused: what is it for??
There was just silicone in the hole and no screw follow the kit... :rolleyes:
The kit is from 2004.

Yea Razor changed the kit a little bit in the fall of last year. I'm sure everyone remembers the price going up but don't remember he changed some things on the kit :D He add some new goodies one being the allen adjustment. You can control the amount of pressure at the pump. There is also his new pac set up that gives you a led that shows green when there is pump power and changes to red when the pump is actually pumping alky thru it. Some fail safe items. e-mail Razor I'm sure you can upgrade if you really want to. Razor gets allot of feedback with his product and being active on the boards helps him make it better and better. Not many vendors will go that extra mile to improve on what they make! :cool:

phillyturbosix said:
Yea Razor changed the kit a little bit in the fall of last year. I'm sure everyone remembers the price going up but don't remember he changed some things on the kit :D He add some new goodies one being the allen adjustment. You can control the amount of pressure at the pump. There is also his new pac set up that gives you a led that shows green when there is pump power and changes to red when the pump is actually pumping alky thru it. Some fail safe items. e-mail Razor I'm sure you can upgrade if you really want to. Razor gets allot of feedback with his product and being active on the boards helps him make it better and better. Not many vendors will go that extra mile to improve on what they make! :cool:

Okej, thanks!! The kit is working great so i think i lett it alone.. ;) :D

NO1B4ME said:
Razor....what is the correct pump orientation when mounting the pump ? pump head (hose & electrical connections) facing up or down,I have seen the pump mounted both ways and I guess it is based how the person interupts it from the install instructions.... Or does it really doesn't matter.
My opinion the connection end of the pump should face upwards to mininize road/water grime.... Is this correct....what are your thoughts....

Thanks

this is my mounthing...

Pictures:
Behind the headlamp(no batteri), driver side.
http://home.att.net/~alkycontrol/images/pumpmount.jpg

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/710/11414075bk.jpg

:confused:

??? The shurflos I get all come with an allen adj. in the top... ???

Maybe he just siliconed em to keep users from tampering, blowing out the diaphram on the old seals...

Phil

Jim ,
the allen on razors pumps since about late october 05' isnt for pressure adjustment as it is for over the counter shurflo pumps.

it serves another pupose and i wont get into it here , if you want to know ask razor or call me

phil ,
for a while after the first ones razor sent a few of them out blocked off on top with a plate (sometime around sept 04) and would provide the blockoff and upgrade to customers on request , so there were no switch with allen set screw on those units from alkycontrol.