Pulling Timing with my TT Chip.....

DaJoker

DUMB QUESTION MEMBER
Been having a detonation problem so I adjusted some parameters on my TT Chip via Scanmaster. Cured the detonation but I had to pull alot of timing out and I'm wondering if this seems normal. I had to bump the timing from the 128 BLM number down to 112 to cure the detonation, did this on both 1 and 2 and 3,4. Does this seem out of the ordinary? Car is stock with a gutted cat and street TT chip. Gotta say that the car runs 100% better tho.

depends on what the timing was in the chip and what fuel you run
you took out just over 5 degrees of timing

what boost were you trying to run?
whats the coolant temp
what intercooler (are the baffles inplace under the car , scoop still intact, crank fan)?
what is chip burned for?

sounds like you dont have the right chip in there , possibly a race chip with timing for race fuel
also just as important is ..do you have enough fuel (and i dont mean is the tank full)

That's called a bandaid.......... and it is just masking a real problem.

Its all stock, chip is a TT Street chip good for 17 lbs I guess? Under boost my gauge goes up to 14 or 15lbs, pump and injectors have been replaced. @rmar that is what I was afraid of. :(

I'd jumper the A&B ALDL pins first and verify the base timing as it relates to the ECM's fixed 15*. Your reluctor ring may be off a few degrees. And what boost gauge are you using?

I'd jumper the A&B ALDL pins first and verify the base timing as it relates to the ECM's fixed 15*. Your reluctor ring may be off a few degrees. And what boost gauge are you using?

Borg Warner aftermarket gauge. Reluctor ring?? Never heard of that one.....

Reluctor wheel(ring) that 3 windowed wheel that passes through the crank sensor

Reluctor wheel(ring) that 3 windowed wheel that passes through the crank sensor

Hmm....my cam sensor was out 180 degrees when I checked that, wonder if any of the previous owners messed with the crank sensor?? Something new to check. Thanks.