Pulling the motor?

DWB47

I will be pulling my motor out in the next week and have a few questions.

Where is a good place to hook the chains for the hoist?

I need to pull the motor and trans together, can this be done with the core support still in place?

Little trick I learned worked great, use a nylon 2' strap and go around the doghouse it's a little trickey getting it pulled through under fuel lines and stuff there but worked great , thanks Tony for the tip . Oh I guess make sure the strap will carry the weight

tranny doesn't have to come out if you dont want it to. just unbolt it from the back of the motor. also you can pull the motor no problem with the core support still in. as far as where to chain it to. i use one spot on the back of the block drivers side. there is a hole there next to the knock sensor. i use a bolt with 2 big washers. and for the front i use and intake bolt but make sure its long.

Unfortunately I'm going to have to pull the motor and trans as a unit. My motor is locked up and I can't spin it to unbolt the TC. For the intake bolt should I get a longer bolt, or just make sure that I use a long intake bolt?

I will be pulling my motor out in the next week and have a few questions.

Where is a good place to hook the chains for the hoist?

I need to pull the motor and trans together, can this be done with the core support still in place?

attach the chains from a bar spreader to the exhaust studs--------one center cyl on one side and one rear on the other will cause the trans to tip down in the rear about 15 degrees------makes it really easy to pull them out as a pair.........RC

attach the chains from a bar spreader to the exhaust studs--------one center cyl on one side and one rear on the other will cause the trans to tip down in the rear about 15 degrees------makes it really easy to pull them out as a pair.........RC

Thank you.

good info. i have never pulled the motor with the trans connected.

good info. i have never pulled the motor with the trans connected.
first gn motor i pulled about 1994--------left the tranny in--------next one i did it with tranny attached-------done probably 150 since-------once i realized how much easier it is to to it that way i would never do just the engine again..........RC