Pull engine with tranny???

Mike70gtx

My 87 has a jasper rebuild that started knocking. It needs to come out. Should I drop the tranny first or can I pull the engine and tranny together?
Also, Is there any chance that the jasper rebuild would have have a turbo crank that could be used again and what about the block. I've heard that they sometimes don't use the right crank?
What kind of numbers would be on the crank?
Thanks,
Mike

Leave the tranny in the car. pull just the motor. Why pull the tranny with it unless it needs work too.

Although I'm sure it's possible, my vote is to bring the tranny out the bottom and the engine out the top. You don't need to remove the hood this way and the plethera of wiring, harnesses and conduits don't get in the way nearly as much. See any of the 'Turbo crank' threads for your answers to these Q's.
HTH
Jim

I just pulled mine three weeks ago. If the tranny needs work than pull them both. You don't have to pull the hood either. Just unbolt the hood shocks and prop the hood open as far as it will go. Make sure you have a leveler on your cherry picker, it makes it a lot easier! Just how I did it :)