PTS Xtreme shift kit ??

turbojoe

86 GREY T-TYPE
Will this kit help with the bang shift issues from 1-2 that some complain about with these cars. It seems mine suffers from this, though not severe. I guess the best way to describe the issue is that the tranny has more bark than bite. Meaning that, yeah it shifts firm or a bit abrupt into 2nd but yet there is nothing gained from it as in increased speed or chirping of tires from 1-2 (almost as if the tranny is just wasting energy, sorry can't really describe it better than that). I have my tv cable adjusted one click in from the factory setting. When left at factory setting, the shifts are not firm, almost inperceivable or fluid like. The one click setting does make car shift better (more noticeable gear changes) but yet you get a bit of the 1-2 bang shift. I was hoping that maybe Bruce's shift kit might address some of these issues. :confused:

My kit can be tuned

I can custom build you a kit for you with some input from you. Give me a call to discuss EXACTLY what you would like to target for.
916-739-0510
if you get voice mail, leave a message and phone number and I will get back to you when I get back to that phone. I can't carry around 3 phones all day, LOL
Bruce
WE4
PTS XTREME Transmissions

Bruce, Thanks so much! :smile: I will give you a call tomorrow to discuss the kit. It sounds like a great product, from what I have read. Just a heads up, the car is mostly stock (some bolt ons) nothing extreme. I generally would like it to have more possitive/firmed up shift characeristics. I do not have much history on car so it is not known how badly (if at all) it was abused. The car has about 65000 original miles. Thanks

Have been in and out

If you called I missed it. Just wanted to make sure I didn't screw up LOLOLOL

Bruce
WE4

No Bruce, its on my end. I procrastinate plus young kids, nagging wife, work, etc..... I did not forget and will give you call on Monday. I apologize. :)