PTS tranny is in!!!!!

boostedmaxPSI

Hard Member
Guys,

As you could clearly see for those who went to TTIII a couple of weeks ago I had tranny problem as well and TC problems. My 60' times were horrible and my 2-3 dragged on for a loooong time.

So, I did some research and found that my best bet was to go with Bruce's Xtreme killer street with a 9/11 TC. I drove down with my family over the weekend to get my 2004r rebulit and upgraded to Bruce's spec.

First off let me tell you that you will be hard pressed to find a more resonable, trusting and knowledgable person like Bruce doing work on your tranny. It was Bruce and his team that made all of this happen for me in such a short amount of time. After calling Bruce and doing a little long distance diagnostics on my tranny I realized that I just need to make the 13 hour drive to Sacramento, CA. from WA. to have the deed performed.

From the first time I called Bruce to the time my family and I waved goodbye to Bruce and PTS it was a lasting experince. As I said it once before in another thead, " there are alot of companys that can learn from Bruce's customer service". Bruce really does go the extra mile for you and that can be verified by not only the number of posts thanking Bruce but also by the countless posts on this board and another board by Bruce aka WE4 to answer your tranny problems for free!

Let me tell you this guys has a life just like we do. Not only is he at work all day taking calls answering our questions about our cars and rebuliding probably the best 2004r that I will ever have, but he also has a wife and kids. I guess what i'm getting at is that Bruce must truely care about is customers and fellow TR owners to spend the amout of time that he does helping us out whether by forum, e-mail and on the phone, Bruce is there for you.

Bruce, I would like to say a big thanks to you and your team for making my trip to Cali so enjoyable. :)

So, the tranny is in with a 3k 9/11 converter and man o' man this is just what the car needed to wake up this beast. The converter brings the turbo right where it needs to be and the shift from 2-3 is sooo crisp! Not to too harsh just precise and crisp. I've personally never felt anything like it.

If anyone is interested in video of Bruce's emaculant shop and the quality of parts that Bruce puts in his killer street trannys let me know and I will be more than happy to email them. I have a pretty good video of Bruce doing a line pressure test on my tranny in his test mule. Yes! Bruce personally installs and test drives every tranny he builds and performs a line pressure test. Where else are you going to find a shop that does that? No where that I know of. I personally have friends that have had their trannys rebuilt by someone else only for them to have their units break again. Nobody can seem to get it right except for Bruce. So do it right the first time and let PTS do it.

Finally, if there is someone in the NW area that is thinking of having their tranny rebuilt please send me a message or email and I would be more than happy to let you drive my low milage baby just to see the smile on your face when you puch it :D . And I'm dead serious. Its the least I could do for Bruce after all that he has done for me. I promise you that there will be no disappointments here.

Last thought. I've never felt more compeled to write something like this before about a product or service that I have experienced in the past until now. Now its off to the track to compare before and afters.

Bruce thanks again!

Frank