PT6765 Billet Wheel Journal Bearing

87bigcut

This turbo was originally on my buick v6, so it has a 3-bolt .63AR hot side. Billet compressor wheel. The cover has a 4 inch inlet and a 2.5 inch outlet.

I ran this turbo for about 25 miles before the bearings went bad, and the compressor wheel touched down on the housing. I sent it back to Precision, where they replaced nearly everything on the turbo with all new parts. When I got it back I had already decided to go with a turbo LS1, so this turbo is still sealed in the original precision packaging. I have a receipt showing all the new parts they put on as well....looks brand new and should perform like new.

Looking to get 950 shipped OBO

Thanks,
Joe

hello; Just to be curious when you send a turbo in for rework like you did does it cum with a warranty? Lets say you do buy a new turbo what's the warranty on that? Speaking of warranty. When I bought my TB the guy had the engine done over and I was trying to find out exactly what was done. I found the shop as the PO also had boats and the shop did those engines over for him and he trusted him. Any way I started asking questions and he said "we don't warrenty turbo engines we see there's oil pressure". I think he was thinking the engine failed and was covering his ass but it's still togeather and that's good.
IBBY

I am not sure if the turbo would still have a warranty. I got it back from precision somewhere around a year ago, maybe longer.

Joe

what caused the bearings to go after only 25 miles? was it fully warranteed repair? no fault of your own? did you use a turbo saver on it?

Still for sale. Repair was no fault of my own. No turbosaver. I am in Arizona for the week but can scan the repair receipt I have from precision and some pics as well.

Thanks,
Joe

I am in Chandler today, but will be at the grand canyon tomorrow, then Firebird dragstrip on saturday.