PT6062 Ball Bearing only

Gmoney

G BODY ADDICTION
Anybody have any input on this bad boy??
Screenshot_2015-12-01-22-43-35-1.png

Probably spools like lightning, but I do question 750hp out of a turbo that small, definitely not under 30psi.

Last edited:
For a 3.8l engine, 62-64mm compressor is where you want to be.

The 6466 CEA Billet BB Turbo is a 900 hp Turbo.
This turbo performs awesome on the street and strip.
We sell a lot of these turbos and every customer has been very pleased with it.
Interested in any of these turbos, give us a call and we can give you a deal.
321-610-1500

6466 here as well. 6.35 @ 110 in the 1/8 @ 28psi of boost. Cal and Holly Hartline are awesome.

6466 here as well. 6.35 @ 110 in the 1/8 @ 28psi of boost. Cal and Holly Hartline are awesome.
what heads do you have?? I ran first time out with the turbo at 18 psi mph 102 in the 8th and back peddling it. Could not get traction track had horrible prep

Last edited:
I got my 64-66 from Hartline... And love it!!! Killing everything on the street at just 18psi:)

What heads/cam are you running? 102 in the 1/8th at only 18# is impressive.

You need to update your sig and replace the 44 with the 6466. :)

What heads/cam are you running? 102 in the 1/8th at only 18# is impressive.

You need to update your sig and replace the 44 with the 6466. :)
Lol I do need to update sig. Lazy:) the heads are champion aluminum race ported with full throttle 214-214 fast ramp cam

Not happy with the 6262? What psi are you running it at now? What's your goals?

Love the 6262 running it at 28psi!! Never tracked nor timed!! Just keeping an opened mind to the newest technology!! This turbo seems to have the best of both worlds!!

The 6466 CEA Billet BB Turbo is a 900 hp Turbo.
This turbo performs awesome on the street and strip.
We sell a lot of these turbos and every customer has been very pleased with it.
Interested in any of these turbos, give us a call and we can give you a deal.
321-610-1500

I think that is going to be my next turbo. Do these things ever go on sale?

You have a street car. Probably have a journal bearing turbo too which is zero fun without the right converter.

Get a BB 6262 or something close. You dont need a p-trim ex. wheel. It will spool fast with less converter.

BB was the best additional $600 I ever spent.lol

My simplified feedback.

Spooling a turbo is about the drive pressure required for the work to be done and the mass to be moved/rotated.
A ball bearing requires less effort from a complete stand still because it has less friction but the bearing race also adds mass. The added mass of the bearing is also farther out from the center.

A journal bearing requires comparitively more force to overcome the initial fricton but once surrounded by an oil bath, will spin with less energy. Nothing is more slippery than a film of oil.

If you take the cost difference and put it towards a good converter, you will be miles ahead depending on the power and combo.

BB spool faster from 0-5psi. That's what you want for a street car. Stop light to stop light, roll of 10-15mph to wot, etc...

It's definitely not needed especially at mid 20's boost but it makes it much more fun on the street with BB turbo and a tight converter. jmo

Im leaning towards a BB 6262 but im keeping the bigger rotating mass on the old ladies foot in mind lol