PT52 vs Stock Turbo

dwithers

I am replacing my stock turbo with a PT52 and 3 inch downpipe next weekend.

By replacing the turbo, what kind of gains will I see?

By replacing the stock downpipe with a Terry Houston 3 inch, what kind of gains will I see?

By installing a Joe Lubrant Street 93, what kind of gains will I see?

What is an approx total horsepower I will see?

My next upgrade is to replace the 36# with 50# injectors.

Any help is appreciated?

The gains you will see are more dependant on the tune you give it. The tune is everything!! I would definately suggest an upgraded intercooler to bring out the potential of that new turbo. I also suggest an external wastegate (if you don't already have one).

Need an intercooler for sure...I actually lost ET when I installed my new turbo(I guess loss of 60 ft..never could get it right until I changed my intercooler then I picked up where I was before & then some...intercooler was my very very best mod I ever coulkd tell a difference with..
Brian

Originally posted by dwithers
I am replacing my stock turbo with a PT52 and 3 inch downpipe next weekend.

By replacing the turbo, what kind of gains will I see?

By replacing the stock downpipe with a Terry Houston 3 inch, what kind of gains will I see?

By installing a Joe Lubrant Street 93, what kind of gains will I see?

What is an approx total horsepower I will see?

My next upgrade is to replace the 36# with 50# injectors.

Any help is appreciated?

Assuming your car is still basically stock and tweaked.

You won't see any large gains with the turbo until you approach 20psi. If your running 16-17psi on pump gas you probably won't notice a change but you will notice alot of increased LAG.

As far as the chip, who knows. Try it and see.

For the Downpipe, if the car is stock you don't see anything from that. The stock downpipe is good into the 11s.

If you get some racegas and a racechip and turn the boost up 22-24psi you will see an nice gain but on pumpgas with a 93 chip at low boost.. Not much.

I sure hope I see some increase in horsepower. I can't get more that 11 psi out of it now. The turbo is leaking oil like crazy. I'm sure that has to be hurting performance too.