PT51, THDP, MSD50s, TUNING questions.

Orion231

Hey Guys, just a few questions... I have all the basic mods, some are on there way..(9x11 Converter, SMC alky, Arrt Car Shift kit) I do have insatalled PT51, 3'' SS THDP with race dump, 2.5'' Dual Hooker exhaust, MSD 50# Injectors, Joe Lubrants 18* timing street chip, all basic mods...stock IC with DW neck, braces, fuel reg, pump, etc....blah blah. I do have Turbo Link also. Ok my question is. Where do I begin "tuning" obviously the car has to function properly, IAC, TPS, no vaccum leaks, etc...But as far as boost, fuel pressure... I was told to start at 43 PSI and go up... what is a normal "area" that this combo can run? Thanks guys!

Cory

Originally posted by Orion231
Hey Guys, just a few questions... I have all the basic mods, some are on there way..(9x11 Converter, SMC alky, Arrt Car Shift kit) I do have insatalled PT51, 3'' SS THDP with race dump, 2.5'' Dual Hooker exhaust, MSD 50# Injectors, Joe Lubrants 18* timing street chip, all basic mods...stock IC with DW neck, braces, fuel reg, pump, etc....blah blah. I do have Turbo Link also. Ok my question is. Where do I begin "tuning" obviously the car has to function properly, IAC, TPS, no vaccum leaks, etc...But as far as boost, fuel pressure... I was told to start at 43 PSI and go up... what is a normal "area" that this combo can run? Thanks guys!
Cory

First off you need a way to measure performance. GTeck or something measures time to cover a distance.

Then you can start playing with boost and fuel pressures. You want to not trigger the Knock Sensor.

Going to a Translator Plus gives you the options of changing fuel in 2% increments at WOT, and 2d timing changes, actually there are 16 fuel changes you can make and 32 timing changes.

Tuning means being able to make changes that your combination likes.

A Wide Band is invaluable for tuning....

Major Tuning...

I cannot afford the wideband o2 or the translator plus at the moment, I am just shooting for some ideas on reasonably spicing up what I have to work with...

the kind of gas you run makes a big difference. what octane?what are o2s at wot? any knock?

Octane

Running 93 pump gas, 18* timing chip, no O2s yet still need to reset IAC, and TPS before I go hammering WOT, just gettign an idea of what I can do.