PT-66 BB Turbo???

its the same turbo. precision sells it as pt66,jack sells his as cpt 66!!

ummmmmmmmmm.......NO - Jack's CPT [Cottons Performance Turbo] is made for Jack by Turbonetics...

PTE is a Manufacturer who make their turbo from their parts plus Garrett's parts. I don't think PTE would sell their competitors [Turbonetics] products.

ummmmmmmmmm.......NO - Jack's CPT [Cottons Performance Turbo] is made for Jack by Turbonetics...

PTE is a Manufacturer who make their turbo from their parts plus Garrett's parts. I don't think PTE would sell their competitors [Turbonetics] products.

ummmmmmmm ..........no- call tony at turbonetics and he will tell you!!

Im just wondering with a 3200 stall will this 66 spool like my Te-44 with my 3000 12 inch converter??I want more of a snappy Turbo without the Lag.The Te-44 is a snappy Turbo as is the Te-60.Trying to learn about this T-66 Turbo and how it would be on the street.:cool:

Turbonetics would represent the CPT [Cottons Performance Version]

The Garrett / PTE turbo would represent then PT [Precision Turbo Version]

ps no offense taken AND i am not trying to be an A$$ either just trying to help out and clarify things.:wink:

Attachments

• CPT-66.jpg
    CPT-66.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 331
  • PT67-GTQ.jpg
    PT67-GTQ.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 345
Turbonetics would represent the CPT [Cottons Performance Version]

The Garrett / PTE turbo would represent then PT [Precision Turbo Version]

ps no offense taken AND i am not trying to be an A$$ either just trying to help out and clarify things.:wink:
ive always bought my turbos among a lot of other things from jack, but youre right pics dont lie! dont know why they told me that? maybe he meant same diameter as far as wheel size!

I dont have THAT exact turbo - i have a Turbonetics T66-Ptrim BB and LOVE it... my car is mostly a street car - ;)

What stall converter are you running with the T-66-Ptrim?? Im thinking that may need a 3400 stall converter to spool nicely on the street.

The key there is BB, he has a ball bearing model. If you get a journal bearing youd probably need a 3400

For the street I wouldn't want a converter over 3200 stall so maybe the BB would be a better choice.I still worry if this Turbo is as snappy as i would like on a street car.:cool:

Royal-T-LTD... any times yet? I just ordered Jacks CPT-66 P-trim BB turbo to replace my John Craig TE45a Q-trim. It's leaking oil into exhaust housing, yet it has no movement on the wheel shaft...it spins freely but has 0 play in/out or up/down. I put a stock turbo on while I'm waiting the BB turbo...0 lag with the stocker is pretty cool but it won't go over 13lbs of boost and actually drops down to 10 as the rpm goes up...feels really slow. Anybody know how much HP the stock turbo can punch out?
I'll be listing my TE45a Q-Trim for sale after I get the new one installed...it will need repair for the oil leaking though.