PT-61 turbo

your mph will come around when you get to 28 lbs boost. I went through the same thing as you ( 112-114 ) @ 25 lbs, then @ 27-28 lbs -118 -119 mph.

That 1/4 does seem kinda low when you compare it to the 1/8.
Your 1/8 was WAY better than the 1/4
7.2 in the 1/8 is like 11.20ish
Just my .02

i am really starting to lean towards getting this turbo...for the price you cannot beat it...it's mid 10s capable and most certainly high 10's capable with a good setup...there was a guy that ran 21 lbs of boost with stock ported and polished heads, 206 cam, minor mods done and ran 11.20 @ 120 mph...imagine 25 lbs of boost! plus it's VERY streetable and requires only a min of 3200 stall...

I just received an e-mail from aggressive and that exact turbo from limit is 609 thru
aggressive. but sale ends tommorrow . Looks like i have my x-mas gift.

Hey don i love mine but iwill be truthful i will be goin to a pt 67 before summer ,but I really like this turbo and will be runnin it on buddy car when it comes off mine . I will be goin to the track hope fully this weekend keep you posted with my pt61 and my new 24 row stock loc. mease intercooler wish me luck new numbers comin i hope .

randy :eek: :D :) :p

merry x-mas guys

Originally posted by J Banning
Get the PT67 baby!!!

I CAN'T DECIDE MAN! i really like that 67 turbo...hell with all the motor work i will be doing this winter i might as well go with a huge big shaft turbo...i'm just trying to cut my cost down on this project as much as i can meaning i would love to save $400 from a PT61 over a 67 but ugh it's not gonna happen...i always gotta have bigger!:D :D :D

Well don i dont know what to tell you I like both i have a buddy with a 67 loves it quick spool if you want bigger go that way same here i figure my car will someday have pt88 ,but that just me,also one thing i will say is you better have a strong bottom end ,if you go with a 67 this is a very wicked piece and I truly believe it will find your week spots ,so make youe engine worthy of the challenge.

just my 02

randy

Well guys new number with the new IC and my pt 61:

60ft: 1.64

1\8 et : 7.14

1\8 mph: 91.57

1\4 et: 11.34

1\4 mph: 119.57

This was at 25psi and 112 octane .
old numbers in my sig. will change later
later randy

Very nice times, My 61 from limit should be here any day now. Im going to up grade to
83 # inj. and a set of slick. Im hoping for 11.5. keep up post if you go to the track again.

I posted this question on another board, but with a completely ported set of heads, cam, msd50's and a pt-51(.63) what do you guys predict if someone was willing to run 28 psi through it!

Other than a blown up engine if the tune isn't right :D