PT-54 turbo, great shape -- will take cash or trade for smaller turbo

henschman

I have decided to abandon some of the grand plans I had for my T-Type (at least for now), and just make my car into a fast stock converter car (hopefully in time for the Ford/Buick shootout in Noble, OK in November!). This involves selling my PT-54.

It is a Precision pt-54 with a precision .63 housing. This turbo has very low miles -- probably less than 1500. Less than 500 of these miles were put on by me... the car started having a no-start condition (because of weak spark) shortly after I bought and installed the turbo. It has always had good synthetic oil with additive run through it, and has never smoked. It has absolutely no in/out shaft play, and just a hair of side to side play (as is normal). It was only ever run at 16 psi on my car. If you are looking for a turbo in this size, it is probably the best condition used turbo you are going to find.

gnttype.org says this turbo ought to support up to 620 hp, and it ought to have at least a 3000 stall torque converter to properly spool it. These turbos are known for pulling really hard up top, and flow great at the higher psi levels that alky, race gas, or e-85 cars run.
Turbocharger Specifications

I am asking $450, or will consider trading for a smaller turbo suitable for a stock converter, such as a pt-51 or a ta-49. I accept paypal, and my address is henschman@hotmail.com. PM or e-mail me with offers and questions. Thanks!

pics: