pt 46mm wastegate conversion

kingots2004

just got done with converting my tr custom parts downpipe to accept the precision wastegate and plumbed the inlet side off the header.randy at sherwood performance in sherwood arkansas did it for me.i didnt get a pic but he closed the other feed hole with alittle plate he made that fit perfect.

Attachments

• IMG_1284.jpg
    IMG_1284.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 371
  • IMG_1285.jpg
    IMG_1285.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 382
  • IMG_1286.jpg
    IMG_1286.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 380
  • IMG_1288.jpg
    IMG_1288.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 404
Are those the stock headers???

BTW that looks sick and I am jealous.

lol yeah they are stock headers and thanks for the compliment. couldnt pass up such as sweet price on that gate

you guys did this with the header on the car?

I'd be afraid that too many chunks would fall into the header and hurt the turbo next time I fired it.

How's it run now? Solid boost control?

Bob

Looks fantastic. Good inspiration. I could not pass up the sale on that wastegate either. And am gonna see how far I get on stock headers too before i throw a set of KB's on it that i have.

I placed my order for the tubing yesterday to get the job done. Now I'm thinking about ordering one more 90* and stealing your idea. ;)

Looks fantastic. Good inspiration. I could not pass up the sale on that wastegate either. And am gonna see how far I get on stock headers too before i throw a set of KB's on it that i have.

I placed my order for the tubing yesterday to get the job done. Now I'm thinking about ordering one more 90* and stealing your idea. ;)

lol go ahead stu. the more the merrier:).
bob we mocked it up with the header on then pulled it off to blow it out and weld it up on the bench. oh and i havent tried it i only had pump gas in it and we already starting to notch the frame so itll be a little bit before i can try it out.

Thats a very good idea with that 90deg bend.

Disco Stu,
How far into the 9s have you been on stock headers?

Very nicely done. Post how well it doesw when you get the chance. That would get great to know how well it works.