PS still whining after hydroboost

BlackMetal

Been installed on the car for a few months now. Steering still whines around turns. I think I heard before that this is just a result of not having a separate return port for the HB line or something like that?

Mine still whines a little but its nowhere near noticeable. Did you get the air out of the system by turning the wheel lock to lock about 20 times? Any air bubbles in the PS reservoir? What kind of fluid are you running? It will whine more with PS fluid in it. I have synthetic trans fluid in mine per mfg recommendation.

If those check out fine, remove the line that goes into the back of the pwr steering pump. Take a skinny allen wrench and insert it into the hole in the middle of the port. There is a spring loaded valve under there and you should be able to push the valve down with the allen wrench. If it doesn't move, take a 7/8" socket (I think) and take the nut off that port. Get a magnet and stick it in the port and pull out the valve and spring. Clean them off really good and lube them up with some fluid and reinstall.

I had this problem happen to me and so did Incubus. We both had to end up replacing the PS pump because the stuck valve kinda fried the pump I guess and it would whine really bad. Couldn't hold much boost either. Replaced the pump and everything is great now.

Just a couple of thoughts. Hopefully its something simple. They do say that without the return port in the PS reservoir that it will whine and it does, but like I said mine is not that loud/noticeable. HTH