PS Reservior Return hose

Mr86t-type

Guys,

OK, I got the '87 Reservoir, now of course the MOLDED 5/8" return hose is discontinued, do NAPA or any of the other outfits make a "MOLDED" return hose. I can get Bulk 5/8" hydralic hose, but to run it back to the pump without a KINK it would take ~48" and look like S**T...

I bought mine from Pep Boys about 2 years ago, I am sure that all parts of the country have something similiar.
Best not to run any hose other than hose specifiically designed for powersteering fluid as other hose will continually seep.

I bought mine from Pep Boys about 2 years ago, I am sure that all parts of the country have something similiar.
Best not to run any hose other than hose specifiically designed for powersteering fluid as other hose will continually seep.

Thanks Gary, I DID run PS hose, however the PROBLEM I have is without the stock MOLDED hose you have to run ~5 FOOT of hose to get it not to KINK, and it looks like HELL!!

Gates has a spring-like device [forgot the exact name?] that you can use with hydraulic hose that will allow it to bend 90 deg. w/o a kink. Any "real" auto parts store should carry it.

Works fine in my car.:smile: