Propr backspacing for Weld Magnum 2.0 wheels

karolko

I know this has been asked before, but i am hoping to get a quick answer as i have not figured out this new forum just yet.

I am wanting to purchase Weld Magnum 2.0 front runners and 15x10" rears. I have a 1" notched frame in the back. i was going to run 295's in the back.

Can i run 5" or 6" backspacing in the rear?

For the front's what are people running for backspacing? 1.75 or 2.25"

The car is lowered right now with TRZ everything all around.

Photos of someone's GN with these wheels would be awesome as well.

Thanks alot guys,

Adrian

5" for the rears. I run a 5.5bs on mine, but I am running a 325. The 5" will be fine for a 295. 6" will be too much. For the front, 1.75".

With the 325's what width rims are you running or are you running 10" rims with 5.5" of backspacing

Is it a matter of buldge that 325 will not fit on a 5" backspaced wheel?

Adrian

With the 325's what width rims are you running or are you running 10" rims with 5.5" of backspacing

Is it a matter of buldge that 325 will not fit on a 5" backspaced wheel?

Adrian

The 325 bulges more with the 10 in rim than the 295. Ive had them both. The only issue with locking yourself to a 5 in bs wheel is that you will have no adjustment in tunning the backspace. 6 is too much to use spacers on, but 5.5 can be worked with. Depending on what tires I have on i can swap spacers to fit better.

Hey Louie,

I have an idea, why don't you sell me your rims? :)

I am leaning towards running the Magnum 2.0 rims, and those bad boys only come in 5 or 6" backspacings, so i am hooped i guess.

I think if i could barely fit the 325's in the car right now, then 295's will fit no problem.

Adrian

Hi Adrian
I have the 295-55-15 on the El Camino using a Weld Prostar 15 x 8 with 4.5 inch backspacing..There is still a 1 inch clearance from the frame but not much room on the body side.

Randy

Hey Louie,

I have an idea, why don't you sell me your rims? :)

I think if i could barely fit the 325's in the car right now, then 295's will fit no problem.

Adrian

Adrian,
I would love too as im looking to get a set with bead locks. But these discontinued MT wheels are fetching quite a bit of money lately. Just check out what they are selling for on YB. But ...let me know if you are still interested. Another option is to save up for some Holeshots. That way you can get exactly what you want. Only issue is they are not street friendly.

Hey louie, sorry for the late delay. I was trying to finidh the car beofre I left again. For work. What size front runners are you running? And what size back spacing?

Thanks bud.

3andy, thanks for the info. I am leaning towards the 295 in 28 or 30 inch size.

Adrian