Project mock up.

Thanks I'll do that. I'm sure this project will be a success if I will just stop sabatoging myself...haha

If you have to take the intake off just make sure to look at the where the lines form from the air fuel mixture on the heads and intake.:smile:

Which gasket did you use?

If you have to take the intake off just make sure to look at the where the lines form from the air fuel mixture on the heads and intake.:smile:

Which gasket did you use?

Well I didn't find any vacuum leaks at the intake. I checked at the pcv valve and valve cover breather and no vacuum. HOWEVER I did some playing around with the translator. I got the rpm's to come down by changing the setting on the translator. Why? I don't know. I hope someone with more knowledge than myself will chime in on this one. I have the 3.5" ls1 maf and that is what the translator was set for. With it set at setting 8 on the dial (85mm 10% lean at idle) it brought the idle down to around 900. It is more responsive in gear at this setting as well. I haven't driven it on the road yet. I'll play around with this and see if it is going to be ok then move on to boost.

Did you double check your blowoff valve to make sure it's sealing properly?

Also-when you have your throttle blade screw backed all the way out,grab the throttle lever and push it down...make sure it's closing all the way and not hanging up. If your TV cable or throttle cable are binding a little it can make your throttle blade stay open a little even with the screw backed out.

What are your MAF #s at idle?

Tb has no more play in it. When the screw is backed off all the way the butterfly is snug. I haven't checked the bov but that is a good idea. I'll post the new scanmaster numbers soon. They have changed some since I've been tuning.

Ok here are my new numbers after some tuning and tweaking:
o2 011-222 (stays pretty low but occasionally jumps up)
af 05
L8 26
Bat 13.6
Int 128
Blm 133
Mph 00
Clt 193
Ats 71
R 975
Tps 46/480
Iac 00
Mal 23

i'm curious to see how this goes. subscribed. a bonus of the STS system is how much the charged air cools enroute to the intake. but. a v-6 spinning two turbos? hm..

we shall see!

i'm curious to see how this goes. subscribed. a bonus of the STS system is how much the charged air cools enroute to the intake. but. a v-6 spinning two turbos? hm..

we shall see!

TT is nothing new to LC2's. The configuration that I am using however, is. I had a few problems to work through not related to the project directly. After I had things put together I had to work through a high idle problem and after about a month, come to find out I had a bad ported tb. I'm still not sure if it is a warped bore or possibly bad butterfly seals sucking air. Anyway I replaced it with my old unit and Voila. Idle is back to 800-825ish. Much better than the 1300 that I was dealing with.:eek: Performance wise, this thing is a beast above about 3000 rpm's and a snail under that. It won't build past 3-4 psi foot braking. It is in great need of a 2800-3000 stall. About 16-17 psi is all I have been able to squease out of it so far but that comes on QUICK once it begins to build. At that 16-17 psi it is much stronger than it was before at 22psi. It is flowing alot more air and much cooler now. My alky is set to come on at 8psi and after that, it really takes off. Peak boost so far yields zero kr. I see a few areas where I can improve performance by back tracking and re-doing a couple things like resizing the exhaust.

two turbos @ 16psi should definintely put out more CFM than a single at 22. and, as you said, cooler charge temps. very nice!
it all sounds like it's coming along well and quite promising. i also like how loud the spool is when so close to the exhaust tip(s).

Hey dollar

Did you try setting the tps at 42 that should bring the idle down a little more now we need some pics and maybe a video .. Lets see .and thanks for your vote on my pipes ..

Did you try setting the tps at 42 that should bring the idle down a little more now we need some pics and maybe a video .. Lets see .and thanks for your vote on my pipes ..

I have a whole new set of numbers since I finally got the tb swapped out lol. I settled on 44 at the moment but I'm still tuning. :cool:

.44 is fine.

Glad you found your idle problem.

Keep your eyes on the for sale section,there's been some good deal on Art Carr converters in there recently.

Get some stall in that thing and keep inching the boost up and I think you will be happy with it. You should be good to push those turbos pretty hard since you now have half as much back pressure. That helps efficiency by a ton.

:D:D I can't help but have a big grin on my face when I drive this thing now. I just went out for some more "test and tune". I'm no where near finished with this project but as it sits now, this thing is a blast. From a dead stop I punch it to the floor, nothing special here. As it approches 3000 rpms it starts pulling hard and then it hits 2nd somewhere around 3800ish and WOW. As soon as it hits second it is a rocket ship. It is at around 15psi here and climbing fast when it hits 3rd. I hope to downsize the latter part of the exhaust and add a larger stall and get more spool out of it down low.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/parts-sale/342442-art-carr-16930-2800-t-convertor.html

:cool:

You might try tweaking your tune a bit too. Keep it lean down low and it'll help you spool.

What are you using for a boost controller?

Thanks for the heads up on the converter. I'll try to lean it out a bit and see if that helps. I'm using a diy controller valve. So far I've only had it set for max boost. As far as I can tell the external wastegate hasn't even seen enough boost to bleed off any exhaust as of yet. If so, it isn't letting enough out to stop the boost from climbing.

Dollar

Glad to here your getting some good results .. And i have a brand new 2300-2600 just sitting on a shelf bought in nov 2010.used once at the track.then went to a bigger turbo .so any fair offer its yours .. I took my car out today and broke the i bolt at the safety strap and dented my hood opps .had someone lean on it yesterday and cracked my header panel .so more work to do .but it sure is fun when everything works right ..

Glad to here your getting some good results .. And i have a brand new 2300-2600 just sitting on a shelf bought in nov 2010.used once at the track.then went to a bigger turbo .so any fair offer its yours .. I took my car out today and broke the i bolt at the safety strap and dented my hood opps .had someone lean on it yesterday and cracked my header panel .so more work to do .but it sure is fun when everything works right ..

Oh man. Sorry to hear about your body work. It never ends, does it?:mad: That is a tempting deal on the converter. It looks like I'll need at least a 2800 or maybe a 3000. Before I built my set up I'd jump all over that deal. What stall did you go with?