production #'s

badbuford

street racer
i have a white 86 t-type grey interior no power windows or locks no options at all besides the t type package just wondering how i could figure out how many were made that way?:confused: i would appreciate any help

Really no way to get a break down other than the '86 T-Type production figure. Being a Buick the lack of options is fairly rare. Should make for a light weight helping it go fast at the strip.

i have a white 86 t-type grey interior no power windows or locks no options at all besides the t type package just wondering how i could figure out how many were made that way?:confused: i would appreciate any help

I have one just like it, to there is at least 2.

well until i find another one i can only assume theres just two:D unfortunately i don't think that would be a safe assumption to make:rolleyes:

yeah i figured whoever bought it wanted a lighter car

Or was a cheapa$$! I doubt very many people ordered a stripped down 86 with the intent of making it a stripped down racer. Money was more likely the motive. A stripped down T-Type would have been the same money as a fully loaded MCSS. Now if it also has a bench seat and column shift than you qualify for double cheapa$$ points.

There were 2,384 T-Types built in 1986 and just a little under 500 of those were WH1 Designer series so even still you have a rare car there. Almost as rare as a WE4 and even more rarer than an 87 turbo Regal.

Mine apears to have been ordered because it was both light and cheap.

It had "advance suspension" badges on it from new, flofit seats and aftermarket springs, rear swaybar (that was crap) and poly front swaybar bushings.

I wish Buick had PHS style documentation on their cars.

I wish Buick had PHS style documentation on their cars.

I wish they would take the time and send that stuff over to the Sloan Musuem. Buick offers that service for the older Riviera and GS guys. You know they have a copy of every SPID label they ever stuck on a Buick. This is the era of information and that information would be so F'n easy to download. I guess you have to pay $50 and have GM of Canada do it for you.Somebody is making money. I just wish it was me.

Just think. I would have the answer for all of those mundain questions that pop up from time to time. Like how many jade astroroof Limiteds with vinyl tops were made.:rolleyes:

Money was more likely the motive. A stripped down T-Type would have been the same money as a fully loaded MCSS. Now if it also has a bench seat and column shift than you qualify for double cheapa$$ points.

I laughed when I read that. I think it's true.

I bought an 86 T-Type some years back ... it had originally been bought by an old one legged man. He ordered it with a plain AM radio, not even AM/FM, and had one of those thin plastic steering wheels put on in place of the leather wrapped at the dealership. Very few options, but he did cough up for elec windows and electric 60/40 bench seat. That was about it. And it had, and still has, a column shift. I also think he was just a cheapass.

He died and I bought it from his grandson. 29,xxx miles for $3600. Had a smashed front fender and that cost me $900 to fix so I basically paid $4500 for it.

His grandson told me his grandfather had said no one needed more than AM and the steering wheel was too fat...lol. When I bought it the hand thingy that gramps used on the gas pedal (remember, one leg) was in the trunk. The grandson kept it when I bought it...I wish I had insisted it be left with the car as part of the car's history.

My 82 Regal is a perfect example of a car that was either 1-ordered by a tightwad or 2-ordered by a dumbchit dealer. It had 60K when I bought 5 years ago. I'm the third owner. The original was a 93YO guy that didn't want to let it go so it sat under his sunport forever. A lady that lived next to him got it from him only because they had been pals since she was a kid. It got crappy gas mileage so when I saw the for sale sign I jumped on it. It has no AC. WhoTF drives in FL without AC!?! As far as I can tell the only options are AM radio,deluxe seat belts and sport mirrors. It even has a straight bench not a split. I think those 3 options totalled up to at least $100 back than. Heres the funny part. That guy should have ordered the AC. I suspect the real reason the car was sold to me is because it had some serious body odor. You know how old guys dont like soap and water plus this joker smoked cigars at one time. I de-BO'd it pretty good but sometimes you can smell a hint of it on a hot summer day. Like I said who in FL orders a car with out AC? A tightwad that is soon to go on social security. And I see a lot of them like that in the boneyards too. I grew up in the midwest and my Grandparents were farmers and just about all of the cars that I remember were radio delete and no AC either. One that sticks out in my mind was a late 60's vintage Impala with a 3 on the tree.They used to say farmers were frugal. No. I can say they are tightwads from personal experience. I also started at a Chevy dealer in the late 70's and one of the more popular farmer cars was a 78-80 Malibu with a V-6 and a 3 speed manual. No AC and just AM radio. A few were manual brakes and no PS too. Usually they were 4 doors and an ocassional wagon but never any coupes. And IIRC they were within price range of a decently equipped Chevette or Monza. Sold a few ElCaminos like that too.