problems opening new buick manual.

wiked87gn

Banned
Well i downloaded the service manual after my making my due contribution :) but for some reason i cannot get the damn thing to open, what software are you guys using to open this particular ISO file, i tried using acrobat reader 4.0 with no results, then i burned it into a CD and still could not get it to open, so far i have tried microsoft word, excel, notepad, wordpad and nothing works, i need some help here, or could the file be corrupted.

thanks

WikedGN.

Like I posted in the other thread, you cannot open an iso directly. An iso is an archive type file to create a cd that contains many files.

You need to burn it following a specific procedure, check the help file in your cd burning program or search for "burn iso" and the name of your cd burning program (on google or your search engine of choice). You can also download a program like magiciso or ultraiso which will allow you to extract the usable files from the .iso file.

If you need an additional help I'd be happy to help you out as best I can. For some reason if you still have problems let me know which cd burning program you are using and I'll look into how to burn the file.

-Jade

linky no worky, also i use prassi primo CD plus 2.0, yes i still need some help to open this thing. let me know what else you can do.

Go back to the other thread about the download (halfway down this page) and go to my post there. I posted the link there and it works I just verified it, not sure why its not working here. I have already done it, it is very easy and it works. HTH

I'll try posting Striker's link.

You can also try either one of those programs I listed. I believe all of them are under a meg and a half.

Unfortunately Prassi got reorganized and doesn't make software anymore, they just do consulting and I couldn't find any support documentation. I'd suggest you get a better burning program anyway (Nero, the new EZCD creator, etc.) but that's a different topic. Let us know how things work out for you.

-Jade

wiked87gn, If you aren't successfull, try getting B's Recorded Gold
software. There is a block for iso 'drag-in's'. I used it no problem.

Minimize the program, drag the icon off the desktop (if that is where youi placed it) and drag it over the bottom tool bar. The program will appear back on screen, and simply drop the the draged object into the iso box. And record! :)